Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Rooftop Living

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    First off, kudos to you for attempting something as complicated as a birds eye one-point perspective city-scape in a challenge (especially when you are new to it). That takes courage. Having said that it doesn't look to me like all of your buildings make sense given the perspective. It may be too late to make any changes, but nevertheless perhaps this will observation will prove useful for future pieces. All of the green lines below represent buildings that share a common vanishing point. All of the red lines below represent buildings on alternate vanishing points. This shouldnl't occur in a one-point perspective piece, all of the vertical lines should intersect at the same point. Hope that was helpful.
    That is super helpful, arsheesh, thank you! It's too late for this entry, since I'm barely going to finish it, but the feedback is much appreciated.

I did more things. I need to work on the mist.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zombie Rooftops v9 (sm).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	5.90 MB 
ID:	114042

It looks really great, and I dig all those cracks running up the side of the building. Nice work on this one.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Oh wow, this is looking really amazing - I haven't been able to check in on things for quite a while, but am loving this - can't wait to see it finished!!!!

Nice comic vibe! I love that help message on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonquani View Post
    Oh wow, this is looking really amazing - I haven't been able to check in on things for quite a while, but am loving this - can't wait to see it finished!!!!
    I'm so glad you like it! I haven't been able to check in nearly as much as I'd like, or work on this as much as I'd like! Let me know what you think about the black mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Nice comic vibe! I love that help message on the top.
    Thanks, Ilanthar! I was going for a comic vibe and honestly didn't know if I could do it, so I'm really happy.

I still need to add more rooftop stuff.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Zombie Rooftops v10 (sm).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	5.36 MB 
ID:	114094

What a change in this version, Aeshnidae !! That mist works incredibly well, and the whole comic-style is just perfect : congrats !!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    What a change in this version, Aeshnidae !! That mist works incredibly well, and the whole comic-style is just perfect : congrats !!
    Thank you!!!! This challenge really pushed me waaaaaaay outside my comfort zone so I'm happy it's turning out okay!

Looking really great! I also love the comic book style, the mist looks so cool. Awesome work!

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

We can feel the atmosphere now, very good move

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    I'm so glad you like it! I haven't been able to check in nearly as much as I'd like, or work on this as much as I'd like! Let me know what you think about the black mist.

Thanks, Ilanthar! I was going for a comic vibe and honestly didn't know if I could do it, so I'm really happy.

I still need to add more rooftop stuff.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Zombie Rooftops v10 (sm).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	5.36 MB 
ID:	114094
    Very nice , where is Spiderman? ... btw I noticed a small issue in the roof top green plants, the left ones have a wrong inclination , you might want to correct those to fit with the perspective ... apart that it looks great!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast