Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: As yet unnamed

Looks pretty damn good to me. Re the tree trunks, not that I'm an art expert, far from it, but I'd have to say I agree with Mouse. I'd be more than happy if I could draw and paint something anywhere near as good as what you've done MMM.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I don't think the trunks need doing!

The thing about ink and colour wash is that the colour really is only a wash - a suggestion. The detail is in the inking, which is exactly what you have done.

I don't understand why you seem to feel so disappointed with it, MMM. I think its beautiful

(and that's not an invitation for you to pull yourself apart! In fact I won't listen if you do!)
    Thank you Mouse Don't worry, I won't.
    And thank for the advice on the trunks too. Thankfully I haven't touched them.
    Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Looks pretty damn good to me. Re the tree trunks, not that I'm an art expert, far from it, but I'd have to say I agree with Mouse. I'd be more than happy if I could draw and paint something anywhere near as good as what you've done MMM.
    Thanks a lot damonjynx

I really like this one. You captured a really fascinating view 

Cheers,
    Karl

Thank you Karl

This is a really pleasing map, MMM, and just from looking at the final version vs the initial sketch you posted, I can see a lot of improvement even in just the layout/composition balance I really like how you interpreted the open-ended prompt and the result looks great!

Thank you so much Chashio!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123