Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: Against the Taint

Ok folks, let's put the Title to rest, it's just a slang term that evidently you have to be well versed in modern English or slang. It's a word used to describe the perineum, a legitimate part of human anatomy. I heard it used recently while listening to Critical Role on youtube which made me think of it when I saw this. If you used urban dictionary, which pretty much gives you all the current slang usages of words today and/or what the so called "cool kids" are saying, you get the idea it's a dirty mind thing (probably because they seem to think it only applies to one sex, which isn't how I heard it defined but whatever). If you don't know about urban dictionary you fail at google-fu.

Now, I only bring this up in the hopes that this is the last time it's mentioned because it's not worth derailing the thread over. It's one of those idiotic Beavis and Butthead types of things which are both stupid and funny in a dumb kind of way.

So maybe we can we forget about that and focus how cool this map is going to be, because I think it is going to be stellar. I love the land shapes and the darkness that is creeping across the world...I'm interested in the next installment.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks Jax. And I agree, let's move back to the actual matter at hand. As I already said, very eager to see where you take this, Dan!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Nice start, Daniël ! I'm looking forward to see you testing some new color palette.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

What a good start! I hope there will be an update soon? I really want to see how this map will look! Kellerica's request and the first draft are very promising!

This looks promising. I'm curious what the sentinel will be.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I haven't been able to work on this map since the last update. I'm currently swarmed with work like never before: I have 5 maps I need to finish before March 20th and a couple more that I'm also working on.

I hope to get those maps done soon, so i can do some last minute work on this map. It'll probably not be as detailed as I would have liked, but maybe I can turn it into decent enough an entry that it at least gets a vote or two (though that might be hard, given the competition!). After the challenge I might work this concept out a bit more before really calling it done, though I have a terrible track record of finishing WIP's :O

Well, at least it's because you are doing so much mapping that you can't get it finished. Especially if it's work then you have a good problem to have. We are sad you won't be able to give as much to this as you would have liked but understand. We'll also look forward to what you are able to do with it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I haven't been able to work on this map since the last update. I'm currently swarmed with work like never before: I have 5 maps I need to finish before March 20th and a couple more that I'm also working on.

I hope to get those maps done soon, so i can do some last minute work on this map. It'll probably not be as detailed as I would have liked, but maybe I can turn it into decent enough an entry that it at least gets a vote or two (though that might be hard, given the competition!). After the challenge I might work this concept out a bit more before really calling it done, though I have a terrible track record of finishing WIP's :O
    Yeah, I figured as much. Take your time and don't burn yourself out, yeah?

For the record, I've been having an absolutely insane month myself, hence my lack of activity here... I too hope I can at least get something done by the deadline.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I know it's not finished but I enjoyed how you interpreted the prompt into the story and larger region/world. The coastlines and layout of everything look great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12