Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thylea [Odyssey of the Dragonlords]

Thanks for all the rep comments

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Ahh...i was wondering when you'd share this! I downloaded the Player's Guide some days ago and was like "...i really hope they have a good map in it for the setting...*browsebrowsebrowse* .... WHAT?!! ... Best of all worlds!!!..." ... more or less ^^ Absolutely cool that we finally see this awesome style of yours in the RPG world. I really do hope that more publisher of RPGs will commission you (or other CG members with their huge talents) to bring settings to life. And, imnsho, this style is so very good for evoking flavor and therefore perfect for Campaign Settings.

Anyway, I stop gushing now ^^ Very well made map. And I think it's super cool that they did release that Player's Guide pdf for free. That's how you attract an audience!

If I can (and don't have to spread it around more), I will Rep. you.
    Thanks Eilathen
    I have some other projects that are suing this style. One I'm working on right now.
    It's gonna be cool. It's for Low Fantasy Gaming.
    I'm nearly done, but not sure when I'll be able to share that.

I was also involved with another project where they will be releasing a free guide too.
    I'll keep you posted about that. I was supposed to do more maps for them, but there was a conflict on cost.
    I don't think it is resolved. Not sure if it will resolve or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    This is awesome! I love, love, love all the little animals.
    Thanks Kacey
    I'm trying to expand my life drawing, as I just don't do it often enough these days.
    I want to add more creatures and have some fun plans for future maps.

'commented this one on DA this morning, 'saw it also on IG and Tumblr, but everytime I see it I found new details to enjoy : this spire at the bottom, the splendid Mytros, the mysterious canyon in the Greater Steppes... It would need a whole life to explore just one of your maps.

I remember seeing this (well, the top portion of this) on Instagram, way back when. It was still in black and white at the time, and I remember it, because I was really impressed with the gently rolling hills to the north. Exceptional map, as always.
    Last edited by UnstableGunEnthusiast; 02-27-2019 at 10:55 PM.

It's just glorious. The colors, the shield compass, the beasts & monsters... cherries on a splendid map!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    'commented this one on DA this morning, 'saw it also on IG and Tumblr, but everytime I see it I found new details to enjoy : this spire at the bottom, the splendid Mytros, the mysterious canyon in the Greater Steppes... It would need a whole life to explore just one of your maps.
    It would have been fun to add more details, but then I would have to charge more than they wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnstableGunEnthusiast View Post
    I remember seeing this (well, the top portion of this) on Instagram, way back when. It was still in black and white at the time, and I remember it, because I was really impressed with the gently rolling hills to the north. Exceptional map, as always.
    Thanks UGE There's a bunch of little nuggets over on IG.
    I often can't show a map I'm working on, but little hints can be dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    It's just glorious. The colors, the shield compass, the beasts & monsters... cherries on a splendid map!
    Thanks Ilanthar
    I'm going to add more creatures to maps. They are fun to have in there.
    I've enjoyed seeing all of yours and that makes me want to up my game.

Guild Apprentice

Very nice indeed! I always felt that any role-playing game needed good maps to draw you into the setting; more so even than good artwork. And this map certainly would do any game justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Very nice indeed! I always felt that any role-playing game needed good maps to draw you into the setting; more so even than good artwork. And this map certainly would do any game justice!
    Thanks Lars

For anyone interested - The campaign book is now running on Kickstarter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragonlords advert 2019.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	7.66 MB 
ID:	114915

Actually, this is a perfect timing as I just backed it. My only regret is the elevated international shipping but that's a classic on overseas CF campaigns.

I've said all the good I think of the map on DA, it is truly amazing and the feel of ancient Greece is here and not because of the satyrs and centaurs roaming the land. Looking at your map, I can feel the Pelion's forest calling, I can feel the Meteors hidden in the distant mist and smell the savage thyme rosemary and oregano heated by the dry sun. You are that good !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Actually, this is a perfect timing as I just backed it. My only regret is the elevated international shipping but that's a classic on overseas CF campaigns.

I've said all the good I think of the map on DA, it is truly amazing and the feel of ancient Greece is here and not because of the satyrs and centaurs roaming the land. Looking at your map, I can feel the Pelion's forest calling, I can feel the Meteors hidden in the distant mist and smell the savage thyme rosemary and oregano heated by the dry sun. You are that good !
    I know what you mean. I get killed on international shipping from EU/UK orders from kickstarter and other places.
    One thing I do wish I had realized... the campaign is more dark and dire.
    Which leaves my maps seeming a bit too bright and pleasant for the setting.
    I may experiment with some techniques for making them a bit more dark and see what that looks like. Just for a test.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast