Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thylea [Odyssey of the Dragonlords]

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I know what you mean. I get killed on international shipping from EU/UK orders from kickstarter and other places.
    One thing I do wish I had realized... the campaign is more dark and dire.
    Which leaves my maps seeming a bit too bright and pleasant for the setting.
    I may experiment with some techniques for making them a bit more dark and see what that looks like. Just for a test.
    Oh, no. They aren't too bright and pleasant. They're ironically bright and pleasant. Anybody can do a predictably "dark" map for a "dark" setting. A true artist eschews such pedestrian symbolism.

I know I've seen this before (must have been on DA). Really enjoying all of the beasty illustrations you've been doing in your maps of late. And that shield and sword compass rose is really something else. Fantastic work, as always.

EDIT: I'll have to return and rep this piece when my wand is recharged.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Oh, no. They aren't too bright and pleasant. They're ironically bright and pleasant. Anybody can do a predictably "dark" map for a "dark" setting. A true artist eschews such pedestrian symbolism.
    I'll take that compliment.
    Thanks rdanhenry
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I know I've seen this before (must have been on DA). Really enjoying all of the beasty illustrations you've been doing in your maps of late. And that shield and sword compass rose is really something else. Fantastic work, as always.

EDIT: I'll have to return and rep this piece when my wand is recharged.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh
    I have enjoyed getting more creatures in these recent maps.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Your cover is amazing !!!!
    The continent looks huge, but I really love to see the city plan behind (actually I would love to see it full) !
    Great job !

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Your cover is amazing !!!!
    The continent looks huge, but I really love to see the city plan behind (actually I would love to see it full) !
    Great job !
    Thanks Joel
    Well, the big city map won't be out till they publish the campaign setting that is on kickstarter right now.
    I'm not sure if they are going to be releasing poster size maps or just what's in the book.
    Eventually, I will have rights to sell prints for some of them.
    But that's a little ways down the road.

Posters for three of them at least (it made me go for physical reward with shipping, damn you John Stevenson ! I do not even play DND !)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Posters for three of them at least (it made me go for physical reward with shipping, damn you John Stevenson ! I do not even play DND !)
    Hehe, that's dedication.

A lot to look at here but the thing that really got me (and got me pledging to the kickstarter) is how well you nailed the Greek feel of the land. From the terrains to the ornaments and the discreet beige of the parchment (you know I love those and this one is really subtle) paired with the cerulean blue ... All in all, another masterpiece that I cannot wait to get from the postman

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    A lot to look at here but the thing that really got me (and got me pledging to the kickstarter) is how well you nailed the Greek feel of the land. From the terrains to the ornaments and the discreet beige of the parchment (you know I love those and this one is really subtle) paired with the cerulean blue ... All in all, another masterpiece that I cannot wait to get from the postman
    You're are going to be pleasantly surprised by some of the other bits in there.
    There's an apocalypse Thylea map.

I'll welcome the surprise BTW, I have several thread of yours that I want to comment on but they also deserve all the rep I can spread so, I'll wait for my wand to recharge before commenting on them

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast