Thread: Thylea [Odyssey of the Dragonlords]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Actually, this is a perfect timing as I just backed it. My only regret is the elevated international shipping but that's a classic on overseas CF campaigns.

I've said all the good I think of the map on DA, it is truly amazing and the feel of ancient Greece is here and not because of the satyrs and centaurs roaming the land. Looking at your map, I can feel the Pelion's forest calling, I can feel the Meteors hidden in the distant mist and smell the savage thyme rosemary and oregano heated by the dry sun. You are that good !
    I know what you mean. I get killed on international shipping from EU/UK orders from kickstarter and other places.
    One thing I do wish I had realized... the campaign is more dark and dire.
    Which leaves my maps seeming a bit too bright and pleasant for the setting.
    I may experiment with some techniques for making them a bit more dark and see what that looks like. Just for a test.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I know what you mean. I get killed on international shipping from EU/UK orders from kickstarter and other places.
    One thing I do wish I had realized... the campaign is more dark and dire.
    Which leaves my maps seeming a bit too bright and pleasant for the setting.
    I may experiment with some techniques for making them a bit more dark and see what that looks like. Just for a test.
    Oh, no. They aren't too bright and pleasant. They're ironically bright and pleasant. Anybody can do a predictably "dark" map for a "dark" setting. A true artist eschews such pedestrian symbolism.