Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thylea [Odyssey of the Dragonlords]

Map Thylea [Odyssey of the Dragonlords]

I'm glad I can finally show some of these from this project.
    This region map of Thylea is from Arcanum Worlds’ new Odyssey of the Dragonlords setting.
    Arcanum Worlds is James Ohlen, Jesse Sky, and others who had worked together at Bioware or in the video game industry.

They’ve released a free players guide - here’s what they say about it…
    “The Player’s Guide to Odyssey of the Dragonlords is a 28-page booklet that serves as a companion to the Odyssey of the Dragonlords campaign book.
    The Player’s Guide provides you with everything you need to create a hero in the forgotten lands of Thylea.”

You can get that at DriveThruRPG or at Modiphius, who they’ve partnered with.

I worked with them last year to create 14 maps for this setting and will release more maps as the products they appear in are released.
    There’s also a city map that appears in the free Player’s Guide that I’ll post next week.
    I had a great time working with them and was happy to work with James on some other projects. I’ll keep you posted. Cheers, J

I'd chat a bit more about the project, but I am out of coffee, so I have to run.
    Priorities. Maps don't get made without coffee.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thylea by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	9598 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	113764
    Last edited by J.Edward; 03-04-2019 at 01:54 PM.

...What can I say...?
    Oh. I know.
    Can I eat it?
    More seriously, I adore this. Excellent style that sizzles with mood and intent and is a delight to the eye. The creature insets are so cool too!
    and do i need mention the mountains?

What MMM said!
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

I love everything about this. Mytros truly inspires wonderment in my mind. An all around gem!

Everyone of your maps are beautiful and this is no exception. Stunning is to put it simply. In particular I love the sword and shield compass.

Fantastic, as always. Although, to be honest, the news that there'll be a J.Edward city map coming soon has me eagerly waiting

Great work, John!

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I always try to say this is my favourite style of yours, but then i bite my tongue, go back to your previous maps in different styles and admit to myself all of them are just too amaizing to pick one winner
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    ...What can I say...?
    Oh. I know.
    Can I eat it?
    More seriously, I adore this. Excellent style that sizzles with mood and intent and is a delight to the eye. The creature insets are so cool too!
    and do i need mention the mountains?
    I feel like it might taste a bit salty, or possibly fishy.
    Thanks MMM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    What MMM said!
    Thanks Greason
    Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    I love everything about this. Mytros truly inspires wonderment in my mind. An all around gem!
    Thanks Adfor Mytros was tricky, as there is a big city map it needed to match up to.
    Nit sure when that will come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Everyone of your maps are beautiful and this is no exception. Stunning is to put it simply. In particular I love the sword and shield compass.
    Thank you Domino
    I did a few other versions before finally settling into that compass.
    I had a lot of good ideas that ultimately just wouldn't look right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Fantastic, as always. Although, to be honest, the news that there'll be a J.Edward city map coming soon has me eagerly waiting

Great work, John!

Wingshaw
    Thanks Wingshaw
    It's technically more a town.
    The city map will be some time later.
    I don't have a date on that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I always try to say this is my favourite style of yours, but then i bite my tongue, go back to your previous maps in different styles and admit to myself all of them are just too amaizing to pick one winner
    Thanks Voolf
    I guess this is loosely the Skenara style.
    It seems to be a popular choice, which is good.
    I like working in this style.

Ahh...i was wondering when you'd share this! I downloaded the Player's Guide some days ago and was like "...i really hope they have a good map in it for the setting...*browsebrowsebrowse* .... WHAT?!! ... Best of all worlds!!!..." ... more or less ^^ Absolutely cool that we finally see this awesome style of yours in the RPG world. I really do hope that more publisher of RPGs will commission you (or other CG members with their huge talents) to bring settings to life. And, imnsho, this style is so very good for evoking flavor and therefore perfect for Campaign Settings.

Anyway, I stop gushing now ^^ Very well made map. And I think it's super cool that they did release that Player's Guide pdf for free. That's how you attract an audience!

If I can (and don't have to spread it around more), I will Rep. you.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Expert

This is awesome! I love, love, love all the little animals.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast