Thread: Dark Matter Galaxy Map

Guild Apprentice

Wip Dark Matter Galaxy Map

Hey all,

It's been an age and a half since I've posted here, but I could really use some extra eyes on this map. It's for a science fiction D&D conversion book that's going to print fairly soon, and I'd love any advice you all can offer.

This'll be on 8.5x11", so the biggest thing I could use help on is how to make it read well at that scale. Any other style/clarity advice is much appreciated as well!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark_Matter_Map_final_smol.jpg 
Views:	703 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	113773

Default Very Crisp!

Nice work. If you're looking to make it any easier to read than it already is, maybe change that black font so that it has a bright border?

Have to agree with Baron, its a very crisp and clear looking map ! It would certainly benifit if the light border on the black text is enlarged a bit, as reading the system/planet names towards the edge of the galaxy becomes a bit difficult when looking at a distance.

Really nice work !

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rubikia View Post
    Have to agree with Baron, its a very crisp and clear looking map ! It would certainly benifit if the light border on the black text is enlarged a bit, as reading the system/planet names towards the edge of the galaxy becomes a bit difficult when looking at a distance.

Really nice work !
    Thank you! I left those a little dim because I saw some annoying aliasing that made them harder to read when I used a thick white stroke. Now, I've replaced that with a conservative outer glow (and added a much-needed distance key). Does this look like enough, or should increase the brightness on the outline a little further?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark_Matter_Map_final_smol.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	113898

In my opinion it looks a lot better/stands out more with that extra glow, great job !