Quick render. A few days ago I posted the Mosquito Interceptor tiny starship, kind of helicopter in shape. Anyway, many people pointed out that it was mechanically like the bubble plane in Oblivion - which was a movie I hadn't even heard of. So I watched it yesterday, it was decent movie. I wasn't inspired by the bubble plane, rather the Tet (alien) station, which was a tetrahedron (an upside down 4 sided die), well I decided to create a space station with two tetrahedrons, one over the other, connected by structural framing pillars.

I call this Erebus Station, a corporate owned facility and waystation with a population of 28,000, mostly scientists and administrative personnel, though it features a full hospital, as it's primary activities involve genetics and bio-hybrid research. Just for scale and more content, I placed the Jack of Diamonds trade ship coming from the right side, silhoeutted by the moon behind it. Erebus Station, though moves slowly, moves from planet to planet and moon to moon within the Tarterus star system. I might do a map of parts of this station... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	space-station.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	119380