Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D illustration of a sci-fi Japanese capital

Laser carbine?

I made it into a laser shot gun, and made separate laser carbine!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Made all the tweaks on the weapons and grenades, so uploading those images, plus...

So before I get to making two sets of armor for my Colonial Marines, I did have a model of a sci-fi soldier (made by somebody else) that I paid for last year, but never used, so last night I textured it up, built a scene and rendered it - calling it the Colonial Marine in standard kit (unarmored). Now on to some body armor, power armor and a mecha, next... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marine-weapons.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	501.6 KB 
ID:	123237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grenades.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	123238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marine-standard-kit.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	123239
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Finished the power armor, put a micro-singularity generator cannon in her right hand, a circular saw/shotgun glove on her left hand, taking a stroll in search of targets in the city to eliminate... enjoy!

Thinking on naming this - these boots were made for walkin'.

GP

Name:	power-armor-girl.jpg 
Size:	600.0 KB 
ID:	123266
    DrivethruRPG store

A Colonial Marine sniper armed with an M95 micro rail gun sniper rifle (I changed the barrel to match a rail gun), laying on a rooftop in the city under a Sniper Blanket (think cloak of invisibility, as a tech device). Readying for his final shot... enjoy!

GP

Name:	sniper-no-see.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	830.7 KB 
ID:	123312
    DrivethruRPG store

I thought I needed one more vehicle for the Colonial Marines supplement for Starfinder RPG. This is the Leonidus class heavy urban assault mech (45 ton), big, but not too big that it won't fit on urban streets. This has a medium pulse laser on it's turret that only targets starships, fortifications, vehicles and mecha, a heavy machine gun under it's belly, that can target soldiers. Two pincer hands to grab and grapple. There's a dust storm as the day is coming to an end for this mecha... enjoy!

GP

Name:	leonidus-mech.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	354.0 KB 
ID:	123333
    DrivethruRPG store

So yesterday, after checking my email in the morning, I went out to do laundry and when I got back... no internet the rest of the day (some storm knocked it out). So I couldn't upload what I was working on. Well, I finally am able to get online and this was what I did. After writing the fortification and military vehicle "frames" for the combat rules. I created a couple that I hadn't yet designed illustrations of. The first one is the Chelonian class fast amphibious assault submersible - yes, it looks like a giant sea turtle, with no head. What a perfect amphibious vehicle, a sea turtle. You'll notice the hole or dent located below the head lamp - that where water flow into the turbo caterpillar drives that speed this vessel along under the waves. The fins provide maneuvering planes, but you'll notice the glowing parts under the fin - these are gravimetric emitters, so when the vessel reaches the shore, and the fins are out of the water. They become grav emitters that lift the vessel onto the beach, where the nose ramp drops to let Colonial Marines raid the beach... enjoy!

GP

Name:	chelonian.jpg 
Size:	439.9 KB 
ID:	123354
    DrivethruRPG store

Dig the organic (is that the right word, or is it "fishy") look of the amphibious vehicle!

Thanks, RRedmond! I'd say organic inspired, indeed.

Next is what I call the Talos class EVA Assault Platform, essentially a small pod that a single marine navigates around his immediate ship to deter boarding actions or anyone doing shinnanegins just outside the hull. This is armed with a laser net on a turret at the bottom, while not a powerful weapon, it is very accurate used especially against incoming missiles. Two grappler arms can be used for repair, but for tech and individuals off the ship that don't belong there... enjoy!

GP

Name:	eva-assault-platform.jpg 
Size:	808.0 KB 
ID:	123374
    DrivethruRPG store

I hope that Assault Platform isn't in violation of Starfleet General Order 7!

Actually it kind of reminds me of the robot exoskeleton suit from Aliens, except you sit inside this one.
    Very nice!
    --Ron--

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast