Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City of Estoria [Odyssey of the Dragonlords]

Map City of Estoria [Odyssey of the Dragonlords]

It's really more of a town. Too small to be a city.
    But, that's what it was called.
    Last week I posted the larger region that this one sits in, the region of Thylea.
    This was done for Arcanum Worlds. Here's the blurb with links and all...
    Arcanum Worlds’ new Odyssey of the Dragonlords setting.
    Arcanum Worlds is James Ohlen, Jesse Sky, and others who had worked together at Bioware or in the video game industry.

They’ve released a free players guide - here’s what they say about it…
    “The Player’s Guide to Odyssey of the Dragonlords is a 28-page booklet that serves as a companion to the Odyssey of the Dragonlords campaign book.
    The Player’s Guide provides you with everything you need to create a hero in the forgotten lands of Thylea.”

You can get that at DriveThruRPG or at Modiphius, who they’ve partnered with.

I worked with them last year to create 14 maps for this setting and will release more maps as the products they appear in are released.
    I had a great time working with them and was happy to work with James on some other projects. I’ll keep you posted.

Ironically, I need coffee again.
    Though I don't have to go to the store and buy it this time.
    Just a short walk out to the kitchen. Yawns.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Estoria by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	641 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	113927

This seems like a really lovely and cosy little town. Very charming. I love the rocks that look like little cotton balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerron View Post
    This seems like a really lovely and cosy little town. Very charming. I love the rocks that look like little cotton balls.
    Thanks Jerron
    It was an interesting project.

Very much a beauty !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Beautiful work! I wish I could rep at the moment... I love the city illustration at the bottom!

Love it. I really like how you do these top and side views. If I ever get to doing a town map myself I only hope I can pull it off half as well.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As I already told you, this type of map is really my favorite! I really love having these two views, which really give a true account of a place and a really complete view of it, as well as, often, allow to discover the context as well. I'm currently trying to make one myself, but the joint between the image seen from above and the one seen from the front is so difficult to find in order that iit remains harmonious.... I study all your maps made like this one and I am really impressed by your creativity and mastery of your art!

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

As usual a great piece of cartographic art!

It's just amazing how you managed to show the different elevation of the buildings there, and I love so much how you painted the interaction between rocks and water. Each map you draw is a lesson

It won't let me rep but as always this is another great map that meets your usual high standards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast