Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Midlands hex map [commission]

Map The Midlands hex map [commission]

I bring you the Midlands hex map, for Low Fantasy Gaming from Pickpocket Press.
    I recently had the pleasure to work with Steve at Pickpocket Press creating the hex map for the Midlands.
    He wanted it done in the style of Pelmora and Skenara, which is a fun style to work in.
    You can pick it up over at dtrpg
    There's more on the Low Fantasy Gaming setting over at their site.

This year is bringing some interesting projects my way and is looking very positive.
    Hope your week is starting well. Cheers, J

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Midlands [Low Fantasy Gaming] by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	114084

Beautiful map J. All those detail, there is so much to explore and enjoy. Happy to hear that you have some interesting projects in the works, hopefully we will get to see things soon

Cheers,
    Karl

Another beautiful piece. Well done.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I like this a loooot better than the other map they have for their setting. Not that the other one is bad, but this style is just so much to my liking, it's not even a competition ^^

Great map, as always, J. . I don't think I can Rep. you again so soon, but consider yourself repped "in spirit".
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Blog Entries

I find this style very friendly and inviting (although the adventures in the world might be terrifying). There is something so nostalgic about even looking at it... I'd jump at exploring that world!

keep up the good work.

Sulla

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Beautiful map J. All those detail, there is so much to explore and enjoy. Happy to hear that you have some interesting projects in the works, hopefully we will get to see things soon

Cheers,
    Karl
    Thanks Karl
    Time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Another beautiful piece. Well done.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    I like this a loooot better than the other map they have for their setting. Not that the other one is bad, but this style is just so much to my liking, it's not even a competition ^^

Great map, as always, J. . I don't think I can Rep. you again so soon, but consider yourself repped "in spirit".
    Thanks Eilathen
    I do like the other map's style, but it is not quite as effective for figuring distance of a journey i would imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I find this style very friendly and inviting (although the adventures in the world might be terrifying). There is something so nostalgic about even looking at it... I'd jump at exploring that world!

keep up the good work.

Sulla
    Thanks Sulla

I love this one ! The relief is really subtle with your discreet color palette, yet the contrast on the mountains really makes them pop out of the map. As you know, I instantly purchased the digital version
    Last edited by ThomasR; 04-18-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Uh ? Why did I miss this post ? The finest J.'s style with my favorite green ! Splendid, as always

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I love this one ! The relief is really subtle with your discreet color palette, yet the contrast on the mountains really makes them pop out of the map. As you know, I instantly purchased the digital version
    Thanks Thomas I know Steve will be glad you jumped on that purchase. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Uh ? Why did I miss this post ? The finest J.'s style with my favorite green ! Splendid, as always
    Thanks you Beee
    I know what you mean. I keep missing pieces on here lately.
    I'm glad when I get commissions that reference the skenara look.
    I love working in that style. It's fun and bright.

Looks like I also missed this one... You're posting too many awesome maps, man!
    Splendid work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast