Thread: The Continent Of Tamar

Map The Continent Of Tamar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mattbohler_closeup1.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	10.43 MB 
ID:	114196

Hello guys!
    Some time ago i've been creating a random map for a commission which required to be "Piratish"
    I've setted up a whole world with all the water-challenges.. swamp, waterfalls, huge rivers, coves, deep waters, shallow waters, underworld water caves, inland bays and beaches.

Time later i had the request to test a zoom on a specific island.
    The whole enviroment is tropical. The land offers a complicate forest path on ruins and sneaky rivers.
    The idea is to have several ways to navigate and keep a pirated theme and not only open sea.
    in fact there it borned the idea of river-ports and similar paths which would've been a challenge for the players.

I today want to share with you this map.
    That is anything particular but as for the first time I worked on lineart only, for me..it is a goal.
    I'm used to have textures and full colors paint, so lineart was a challenge which my carpal tunnel syndrome took nicely XD
    The challengin fact was too keep it busy but still clear and was hard to do not rely on colors to give the right mood.
    And no, i don't want skull islands and "X" on it.

However, Here we are.
    Love,
    Ren

Stunning map! Really love the mountains and scattered details. Take some rep!

A wonderful piece of work, Ren.
    The land shapes are very nice.
    All around, this is really splendid.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I like this! Full of atmosphere and interesting things to look at - great details. I can't rep you right now, but I'll try to remember to do so when I can - this map deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Stunning map! Really love the mountains and scattered details. Take some rep!
    <3 Grazie, I was afraid to feel it as a "bare" map. but i'm glad of the feedback received!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    A wonderful piece of work, Ren.
    The land shapes are very nice.
    All around, this is really splendid.
    <3 Grazie! The funniest part of mapping is to create random shapes for each continent!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I like this! Full of atmosphere and interesting things to look at - great details. I can't rep you right now, but I'll try to remember to do so when I can - this map deserves it.
    So much love, thank you!
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

A really nice finished map Ren!

Such a lovely map! Your lineart is beautiful - I wouldn't have thought that this is your first map in this style. I also like the background/the paper texture.

River Police to the rescue!!!
    You have this giant river that splits up a lot during its way to the sea and goes into the ocean at Bullmar as well as at the Brokter Isles. That's not how rivers usually work. I don't know what level of reralism you go for in your world - after all it's fantasy. But I just wanted to point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerron View Post
    River Police to the rescue!!!
    You have this giant river that splits up a lot during its way to the sea and goes into the ocean at Bullmar as well as at the Brokter Isles. That's not how rivers usually work. I don't know what level of reralism you go for in your world - after all it's fantasy. But I just wanted to point it out.
    i loved your feedback! i am not even minding abt the realism as it was not required, but i appreciated your comment because it is something i'd mind to learn!
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Very nice map , love the tones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast