Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Continent Of Tamar

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Wonderful! This is such a nice map. A really good style to boot. Crisp and interesting lineart and your coastal cliffs and deltas are great.

I don't know if this really counts, as I feel that on one hand it is really fine, and on the other it does catch my eye a bit; but the ocean has a little bit of a blurry effect that is contrasted by the clear and crisp lineart of the land. So, make of that what you will. This remains an entirely satisfying map. I really like that there is a lot to discover the more one looks at it. I like that kind of map very much.

Also, what @Jerron said was true about rivers, though it is not unheard of on earth, there are places that because of VERY specific geography that a river splits, I've even read up about one that splits and then head to two different oceans. Fun little fact.
    So, the general rule of thumb is that rivers don't normally split, though there can be exceptions if one takes care. Deltas on the other hand is a bit more common. Just some clarification on the matter. Hope it helps.

Again, great map.

Edit: Ah man!!! I have to spread rep first before I can rep you again. Ah well, I hope I get the chance somewhere to rep this one. So take a *High five* for now.
    Last edited by XCali; 03-17-2019 at 08:29 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

You catched the spirit very well for a "Pirate map", Ren, and this subtle blue line all along the coastline works very, very well

Guild Apprentice

The map looks terrific! It's full of life and detail, yet staying true to the 'piratey' theme.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    You catched the spirit very well for a "Pirate map", Ren, and this subtle blue line all along the coastline works very, very well
    Hi! Thank you for noticing it It isn't subtle enough! hihi

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Wonderful! This is such a nice map. A really good style to boot. Crisp and interesting lineart and your coastal cliffs and deltas is great.

I don't know if this really counts, as I feel that on one hand it is really fine, and on the other it does catch my eye a bit; but the ocean has a little but blurry effect that is contrasted by the clear and crisp lineart of the land. So, make of that what you will. This remains a entirely satisfying map. I really like that there is a lot to discover the more one looks at it. I like that kind map very much.

Also, what @Jerron said was true about rivers, though it is not unheard of on earth, there are places that because of VERY specific geography that a river splits, I've even read up about one that splits and then head to two different oceans. Fun little fact. So, the general rule of thumb is that rivers don't normally split, though there can be exceptions if take care. Deltas on the other hand is a bit more common. Just some clarification on the matter. Hope it helps.

Again, great map.

Edit: Ah man!!! I have to spread rep first before I can rep you again. Ah well, I hope I get the chance somewhere to rep this one. So take a *High five* for now.
    It does! It counts a lot. As said i never had too much attention to that kind of details, but it is something i want to learn and improve! Your feedback is really really welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Very nice map , love the tones.
    <3 Thank you! Your words mean a lot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    The map looks terrific! It's full of life and detail, yet staying true to the 'piratey' theme.
    Yay! I was afraid it wasn't so I really appreciate your feedback!
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Given that your aim was to focus on the quality of linework it looks to me that you hit the target. Varying the line weight of your pen between the primary contours and the finer details of the terrain features really helps make those features stand out. It also aids in making those features even more attractive. Well done. My only nitpick is that I think neither the texture you used for the background, nor the feathered stroke surrounding the interior of the land forms really suit this piece. The blurriness of these features tends to contrast with the neat, solid linework in a somewhat unflattering manner to my eye. Otherwise I really like the piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Good looking map, very nice linework

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As said above: very nice work with the inking ! The map has character and it shows !

I really like your depiction of the lands, excellent drawing!
    Not so convinced by the seas, the coastal rings and wave pattern "clash" a bit with the rest imho, looking a bit too digital.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12