Thread: Continent of Valrin

Wip Continent of Valrin

Hi all,

I am revisiting one of my first maps ever and have decided to try a different style, I would be grateful for any suggestions and constructive criticisms. FYI this is a section from a larger atlas map I am working on for my universe.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valarinatest.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	114690

The map looks great zoomed out and in. Nice, clean style!

I'm not sure what the point of the blue doted lines are. If they are shipping lanes then, well, they are sort of everywhere, aren't they? So why show the clutter? Limit yourself to major lanes, if any.

There is something really special about this one, not exactly sure, it's just very genuine. I think the blue sea route indicators are just subtle enough to not be a clutter. I'd love to see this finished!

Guild Apprentice

I really like this. Love the colours and the old style symbols. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the town symbols look... well scaled up! Especially the bigger own symbols. maybe it would be better to redraw them in that size, or maybe they are just a tad too big?? Don't know. For the rest, loving it!

Hi Luresha, this is a fine project and I like to see it developping. Excellent colour setting and fine coastal shapes. I love the dotted sea routes as well...

There´s only one point: The coastlines and River shores seem to be worked out in a slightly minor scale of resolution compared to the trees and the mointains for example. Is that intended?