Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earth Reboot : New Eden

Default Earth Reboot : New Eden

I'm posting my challenge entry before I forgot. If you haven't, go check all the marvelous entries!

Thanks a lot to everyone for comments/support/critics & corrections, you all helped and pushed me to do this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Eden.jpg 
Views:	655 
Size:	8.31 MB 
ID:	114298

Hope you'll like it!

Man I've said it before but your sci-fi maps are always soooo cool! This is fantastic.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

EDIT: apparently I can't rep you at this time.

Guild Apprentice

The map (or maps, since we get several in one!) is simply fantastic. Thinking about it, making a good Sci-Fi seems to be more restrictive--and therefore harder to pull off--in terms of style, than making a more fantasy-oriented one. Here both details and over-all impression come together superbly to give that futuristic, 'tech-like' feeling.

(I don't like that the tropics almost disappeared! Where should I now go on vacation?)

By Arsheesh
    Man I've said it before but your sci-fi maps are always soooo cool! This is fantastic.
    Thanks a lot again, arsheesh! I have my habits for "computer interface" thing, and I was a bit afraid it end to be repetitive and boring.
    The rest was definitely a test and a challenge.

By Lars
    The map (or maps, since we get several in one!) is simply fantastic. Thinking about it, making a good Sci-Fi seems to be more restrictive--and therefore harder to pull off--in terms of style, than making a more fantasy-oriented one. Here both details and over-all impression come together superbly to give that futuristic, 'tech-like' feeling.

(I don't like that the tropics almost disappeared! Where should I now go on vacation?)
    Thanks a lot, Lars! Well, I'm pretty sure that 45°N or South were quite close to our tropical lands of today.

As I said in the WIP thread, I really like your sci-fi maps, and this one is GREAT!

(That's the reason why I read and commented on your text.)

This come out exceptionally well , I love the mountains!

By bkh1914
    As I said in the WIP thread, I really like your sci-fi maps, and this one is GREAT!

(That's the reason why I read and commented on your text.)
    Thanks a lot, bkh !
    And thanks for you guidance regarding the text!

By Naima
    This come out exceptionally well , I love the mountains!
    Thank you very much, Naima !

[QUOTE=Ilanthar;397296]Thanks a lot again, arsheesh! I have my habits for "computer interface" thing, and I was a bit afraid it end to be repetitive and boring.
    The rest was definitely a test and a challenge.

Nope, the interface theme in your work doesn't get old, at least not to me. Perhaps it's because you always find a way to make it dynamic.

This is "multi-millions $ movie" material ! Nothing else to say besides I love it ! Art and lore !

Default New Eden

What did you create the map in? which software?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast