Thread: How do I do this?

Question How do I do this?

I'm planning to make a few detailed town maps for someone, and would like to have a professional look to it. I feel that the best way to do that would be to label the buildings and areas with a design similar to the image. How do I achieve this semi-transparent effect?

Instructions are preferred for Photoshop, though, if anyone uses Paint Tool Sai, that works too.

Thank you!

Name:  download.png
Views: 280
Size:  11.0 KB

I'd say you should try to opacity options, either in the brush settings or the layer settings.

To keep it non-destructive, I would use layers. One layer holding the white semi-transparent disks, and another layer on top for the black outline and number. In this way you can adapt the transparancy of the white parts to your liking without interfering with the outlines.

Hi!

I don't know what would be the best way, but this is how I do it:
    I create a folder for the "circles" and I fill it with a circle (vector based shape, from the tool you have by pressing "U" on photoshop).
    i create so the first circle and assign a color to it and NO STROKE
    Then, you apply a FX (stroke) to the folder and set the opacity of the folder to a lower value than 80%. Its your choice.

This should be done.

I also attach a PSD sample you can examine, i hope this would clear up your mind and help you find your way for it.
    PSD HERE
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings