Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Crossroads

Map The Crossroads

Hell everyone,

At the close of 2017 I began work on a series of maps for a startup 3PP RPG company called Griffon Lore Games. Their introductory product is Curse of the Lost Memories, (available for purchase at their webstore), the first installment of an adventure path. Initially I was commissioned to do two pieces for this module prior to the company launching a Kickstarter campaign to fund the project. The Kickstarter greatly exceeded all expectations as a result of which I was commissioned to do two additional pieces. However in a way, the project was a victim of its own success. Since so many of the stretch goals had been met, it took nearly a year for the company to release the module given all of the additional content that needed to be added. However it is out now and, having backed the project myself, I just received my own copy and a excited to read through it; the storyline is quite interesting. Anyway this is the first of the four maps I completed for this module (others will follow soon).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Crossroads Display.png 
Views:	352 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	114315  
    Last edited by arsheesh; 03-18-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Great map, Arsheesh. And the module looks great - I always love those big, meaty, multi-level ones.

Nice one. I like the fields on the map. Pretty interesting making them on the hills too.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I love the realism of this map : it looks like a real photograph! It's a great mastery of detail, you showing us here! Congratulations!

Great work indeed! We rarely see "photographic" like maps, and even less of this quality!

Great roadside encounter map!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Great map, Arsheesh. And the module looks great - I always love those big, meaty, multi-level ones.
    Thanks Diamond!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    This rocks. I love seeing you work in this style.
    Thanks J! I'm glad to here it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Nice one. I like the fields on the map. Pretty interesting making them on the hills too.
    Thanks Voolf.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    I love the realism of this map : it looks like a real photograph! It's a great mastery of detail, you showing us here! Congratulations!
    Thank you Jo, realism was what the client was going for, I'm glad to here you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great work indeed! We rarely see "photographic" like maps, and even less of this quality!
    Thanks very much Ilanthar. Seems to me we used to see a lot more of these sorts of maps several years back (no doubt influenced by the likes of RobA, Ascension, Tear, Pasis, a2area and many others). But yeah, it seems to be largely a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great roadside encounter map!!
    Thanks Bogie.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

By Arsheesh
    Thanks very much Ilanthar. Seems to me we used to see a lot more of these sorts of maps several years back (no doubt influenced by the likes of RobA, Ascension, Tear, Pasis, a2area and many others). But yeah, it seems to be largely a thing of the past.
    True, but you're particularly good at it. And It's very probably a cyclic fashion thing, though. And I keep liking those .

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Great map, Arsheesh! That style is actually what I was always aiming for, so I might just nick it and use it as a reference...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast