Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy All! New NOVICE here :-)

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Howdy All! New NOVICE here :-)

Decided to try my hand at mapmaking, and have been watching tutorials for about 3 weeks... I've watched nearly every video on mapmaking for Gimp and Inkscape.... and i'm at a loss....
    I have some questions, but dont know where to post them

Hiya!

Glad you decided to check us out, and enjoy us on the mappy side of things.

Generally speaking, the best way to get advice is probably post a WIP thread into the correct subsection (General, Regional/World, City/Town, Dungeon, etc.) Show us what you have so far, and let us know what you are attempting to do and how it fails. I'm sure there are people here who can help you out. I'm personally Adobe's bitch, so I'm generally pretty useless when it comes to Gimp or Inkscape advice, but there are a lot of users here who use one or both of those. And if there is anything I can help with, I will.

I'm sure you'll find some help here. Welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Hi! I can't tell where you can post a thread of questions lol, but there are several sections where you might share your xperiments and share your doubts with us, about how to do something or opinion and IDK i feel a newbie too, so i'm first off here to give you a WELCOME HUG!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Hiya!

Glad you decided to check us out, and enjoy us on the mappy side of things.

Generally speaking, the best way to get advice is probably post a WIP thread into the correct subsection (General, Regional/World, City/Town, Dungeon, etc.) Show us what you have so far, and let us know what you are attempting to do and how it fails. I'm sure there are people here who can help you out. I'm personally Adobe's bitch, so I'm generally pretty useless when it comes to Gimp or Inkscape advice, but there are a lot of users here who use one or both of those. And if there is anything I can help with, I will.

I'm sure you'll find some help here. Welcome to the Guild!
    That is what i mean lol. Thank you Kellerica for being so specific <3

Hah, ninja'd by Ren!

Oh, and there is also a "How Do I??" area at the bottom of the main forum listing, that is another place where you can voice questions you might have. But usually the WIP threads tend to get a bit more traffic, so I do still recommend those.

Hello and welcome, BelforeDelFuego!
    You could post for help in the How Do I?? sub-forum, and a WIP thread too, and you should quickly get help. I use Gimp and Inkscape too, and though I can't say they're easy to use, it certainly isn't as hard as I'd first thought! I learnt all I know on both of those mostly on here, thanks to helpful members visiting my WIP threads. I'm still pretty much a novice at them, though, but at least I know the basics.
    As they like to say, welcome to the mappiest place on the net...
    Got Ninja'd four times? O:

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Hah, ninja'd by Ren!
    What does this mean? :O

It means someone else was writing a message whilst you were, or that someone sent a message moments before you did, often saying the same thing you did, or something very similar. It's a comic moment that happens a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    It means someone else was writing a message whilst you were, or that someone sent a message moments before you did, often saying the same thing you did, or something very similar. It's a comic moment that happens a lot!
    Ohh! Cool ok, thank you!
    In fact it was empty when I started to write!

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    Ohh! Cool ok, thank you!
    In fact it was empty when I started to write!
    That's exactly the point, two people are simultaneously writing a response to what they think is an empty thread, only to find that another message appears when they post theirs

This is clearly a very ninja thread, nice to see you too, MMM xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast