Thread: Continent Map: Narridia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Help [WIP] Continent Map: Narridia

Hi everyone. I've revisiting my Continent of Narridia, and overall I like the progress I'm making, but I'm having a sort of executive dysfunction, I guess. I think part of the problem is that I'm a bit afraid that my biomes might be too blocky, if that makes sense. I also haven't figured out a good way to draw desert badlands. As far as scale goes, it's supposed to be roughly the size of Europe or Australia, but it's also on a planet that's close to the size of Mars.

I've just been using a very cheap sketch pad that I bought at Target, I think it's 18"x22". I just took a picture from my phone what I've been working on, so please excuse the poor lighting and possible image quality.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Narridia-Political.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	114322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Narridia-Color.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	114321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New-Narridia-Pen.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	114323

Off to the left/west of the map, we have a huge desert. This is because of a Devestation Event that happened in the past and rather killed off most of the landscape on that side. Continuing to the right, we have mountains with forests, and then a substantial grasslands.

On the south-east, we have another large forest, which is ideally supposed to be jungle-like, and it's supposed to blend into a swamp, when then again blends into marshlands. I feel pretty strongly that I may have made the swamp/marshlands rather large.

In the northwest, we have another smaller mountain range, which again is foreseted and above it is a tundra-like biome.

I think that's evertything I've detailed so far.
    Last edited by the-golem; 03-18-2019 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Adding more information