Thread: Large Dungeon Near College Town

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Hiya!

Today, I started with the area that would signify the boss area or at least one of the boss areas for this adventure. The frozen caverns.
    I wanted to give the affect that there are areas where the ice is thinner than others.

I'm a bit uncertain to the Number of Grid blocks I should go for with this map, feedback would be welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ice_Cavern_v1_Preview.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	115086

A small excerpt from one of the lore pieces I am writing for this map pack.

The mysteries of the east

Sounds of thunder and explosions filled the air. There was no more time…
    One of the ancient threats to the world stirred in its slumber.
    Sweat dripped from the Arch Mage’s brow. Her entire present circle of mage knights had been obliterated. The immense pain of losing her brothers and sisters in arms was still fresh open wounds. Her hand quivered as it clutched at her chest. A decade of preparation to face an enemy had been undone in days. Overconfidence had been their greatest weakness in face of what woke up.
    There were nine, not one leading the search for the artifacts, ones which could unite the armies of darkness. And because of her failed insight, she had lost everything…

Her crying heart wailed in grief, but no sound came as the tears silently rolled down her cheeks. Even then, her other hand stayed steady as she wrote the last of the letter with determination. It was their only hope… An entire continent’s only hope.
    That light may come to a world that does not know of the dark things that stirred in the deep parts of the world.
    The thing that bite deeply was that the continent was oblivious to what she and her mage knights had come to face. That which they failed to protect against.

In their hubris they had chosen to not reveal this particular great threat to the world, and so doing thought they could face it without bringing fear to the lands above. But now… none remain that could rightly rally the forces against the coming dark blight.
    Another explosion ripped through the stone work as the crack of wood splintering sounded, caused her lithe form to recoil in surprise.

Tears and sweat dripped onto her hand as her last resolute resolve held her hand as steady as possible. She gripped the quill with force, her knuckles white from the effort.

She had exhausted all her spells apart from three. One for sending the scroll and two defend that moment with everything.
    Her breath eased as she held it. She was going to see this through, no matter what.
    Briefly her thoughts settled on the College of Stormheart, the only place she could send the scroll without it somehow landing in the wrong hands. It was the only thing she could think of. All she hoped for was, whoever found the scroll would understand the dire threat that this posed.

~To be Continued~
    Last edited by XCali; 04-25-2019 at 06:28 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19