Thread: City of Rhovenna [Traditional Drawing]

Map City of Rhovenna [Traditional Drawing]

Today I wanna show you my last creation:

Rhovenna

Attachment 114497

Canson Illustration A4
    Micron 0.1 | 0.2 | 0.4
    Winsor & Newton Promarker | Kurecolor Twin

Rhovenna is a city founded by the Rhovenes, located east of Vhergia and southeast of Caltanisgen (is connected with the river Calta). The city is the seat of the seaside province - Vhergoná, famous for its exceptionally mild climate and fertile lands. Originally the city was limited to the area of Old Rhovenny where is the Summer Palace of the Grand Dukes (currently residence of Vhergona’s Grand and the Doge residence). High demand for food in other provinces and a convenient location, forced the city to develop rapidly as a center for provincial defense, storage and transport of food. During the last expansion, the city reached the River Calta, where a river port was built which is guaranteeing a water connection with Larmesia and sea connection with other parts of the Commonwealth. A lot of canals and water reservoirs built on the estuary of Trenta (the river connecting with Calta) affect to irrigation of fields near the city and constitute a significant defensive asset.

*The Calta river flows through the Emerald Lake (between Caltanisgen and Rhovenna) from which Var river outflows. Var have estuary near Vhergia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RhovennaENG.png 
Views:	193 
Size:	7.59 MB 
ID:	114498  
    Last edited by Sthenastia; 03-26-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Awesome traditional map! Love the colour.

Very nice work on this. Watercolor and ink make for a beautiful presentation.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

A fine map! I really like this kind of good traditional map.

Thank you. I'm glad to read this

Fantastic, you drew this by hand?

Sure. I've used only Microns and Promarkers

Lovely colours and a beautiful map! I just have some difficulties to understand the little islands on the bottom left and the middle. It looks as if they are "cut off" by the city wall.

On my Patreon you can see clean version of Rhovenna witch colors I've used to draw it

Neysha. These islands were created by successively draining the river in the area occupied by the city. The process has not finish yet. I want to show you development of the city.