Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March / April '19 Lite Challenge: Nymtherione and its Moons

Guild Apprentice

Very pretty and believable (as an in world map); plus I learned a new word "Asterisms". I'm very curious of a world with small constellations ('asterisms' I suppose) that include a inkwell of judgment and a prisoner-scribe.

Looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Very pretty and believable (as an in world map); plus I learned a new word "Asterisms". I'm very curious of a world with small constellations ('asterisms' I suppose) that include a inkwell of judgment and a prisoner-scribe.
    Thanks, I think believably/historical aesthetic is something I struggle with, so it's nice to hear that someone thinks it looks legit!. And yeah, I was thinking about some of the constellations that are present in our own night sky and some of the mythos surrounding them. It's interesting to think about what we see in the stars reflect our values, history, and stories. Additionally, from a very practical perspective, if the sky had four moons, it would be kind of tough to see a whole lot of stars except on rare occasions, so Nymtherionites probably wouldn't have created too many constellations or asterisms.

This is looking really great. I especially like the way that the colors of the moons make them so prominent even though they are in the corners, which is fitting to the challenge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12