Thread: Font - Oryanish

Link Font - Oryanish

Hey so a long, long time ago I made this font to use in my D&D campaigns. It then occured to me that I never published it here, so I figured that I would and see what you guys thought of it.

It only works with capital letters and numbers, mind. But other than that I think it looks cool. Maybe you guys will get some use out of it?

Preview:

Download Link: https://fontstruct.com/fontstruction...99911/oryanish

Nice looking font. Is it basically just a substitution alphabet?
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Thanks! And yeah since it's a font it replaces capital letters, numbers, and basic punctuation.

Looks nice, but I guess it would be a total pain in the ass to actually use as a script since all the letter kinda look the same and you have to count all the dots, little leaves and crescents to tell them all apart. But it's a great way to drive your palyers mad.

I think that it is pretty, but completely impractical for the reasons Jerron stated, as well as the design of the letters really makes me wonder what medium the script could possibly have been intended for other than computer graphic. It is also inefficient in that the vast majority of letters share a large left side that does not distinguish the letters and therefore uses a lot of ink without adding to communication. If it is meant as a break between the actually meaningful part of the symbols I think that it would rapidly evolve into a simple, shortened vertical stroke, or letters would just be spaced carefully and it would disappear completely. If this is intended as an artificial script intended to be obscure and difficult, then it is works very well.