Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgotten Ruin [commission]

Map Forgotten Ruin [commission]

Toward the end of last year/beginning of this year I had the pleasure of working with Nick Cole and Jason Anspach, of the Galaxy's Edge series of books.
    They write some good scifi books over at Galactic Outlaws.

Here they head into another direction with an old school style rpg, enlisting some old school names.
    They worked with Jim Ward and Erol Otis, among others. The combat mechanics are new and interesting.

For the map, they wanted something between Tolkien and Conan, which I was happy to work on.
    You can follow the progress on https://www.forgottenruin.com/ or over on FB - https://www.facebook.com/forgottenruinbooks/

I'll include the grayscale version here too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forgotten Ruin 2019 by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	600 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	114595

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forgotten Ruin 2019 BW by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	114596

Coll that I could rep ... This is very very nice, I have to do something similar sometime soon and its very inspirational ! ....

Oh yeah! From one who live probably close to the ruins of Tarragon, I'm gonna put my battle axe aside and clap my hands .
    Love the style and details... and those serpents are sooo "conan" and well done.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow... I don't know where to start: the snakes in the frame ? the revisited Europe ? the subtle choice of a few colors that make feel like they are many more ? the way the title is popping ? The ruins at the bottom of the page?
    I am very impressed by the simplicity and beauty of this map, and especially by the way it attracts the eye!
    Congratulations!

I'm blown away by this piece, the footer ruins are just amazing. Super duper duper duper well done, J.E!

That border is just too cool! The snake rocks. Love it!

Must rep others before giving this piece it's due.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really cool map! The snakes at the top and how everything comes up into the frame at the bottom are just amazing! I am also sure that all of Sissily is enjoying this map since Italy has decided to focus on someone else !

It seems like I will need to loop back to rep though...

Just breathtaking in every. single. detail. My favorite part is the bottom illustration. Oh, no, wait... the snakes ! No... no, it's the mountains details for sure... Argh... no, probably the coat of arms and typography... Damn, J., how can you put so much awesomeness in such a 'small' map ?!

PS : Can't rep yet !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

This map is just awesome! Can't rep you at the moment, but geez, this is definitely rep-worthy!!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Looks awesome! Love the top border, and especially the mountains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast