Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** April 2019 Challenge: Pirates! ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** April 2019 Challenge: Pirates! ***

I don't know about y'all, but I'm still worn out after last month's mega-challenge. So let's do something fun this month. XCali had a great idea:

Quote Originally Posted by XCali
    Since Wizards of the Coast is gearing up to release a fine nautical adventure, I think in May. Ghosts of Saltmarsh, I dare ya all to create a mighty fine Piraty themed map. Yarr!!

So, either ye create an island chain map, or a delta region that is up for exploration of a Pirate crew, or create yerself an encounter map that is set on the highseas where storms and beasties abound. There be many possibilities!

Who be with me?!!! Ready your blades and quills and let there be adventure!
    Your challenge this month is to create a pirate-themed map. XCali mentioned three examples above, but let the skies be your limit, my friends. As long as the map is definitely piratical in nature and would be viewed that way by an innocent bystander who knows nothing of this challenge, you're good.

The usual errata:

• Please make sure to title your threads like so: April 2019 Challenge: <<your title here>>
    • Also please do not forget to insert this tag before each work-in-progress picture you post: ### Latest WIP ### There's even a handy little button for it, in the middle row of the tool bar. For the new folks out there, this is so your map shows up in the thumbnail image scraper and people will be able to see it at voting time.
    • This challenge will end Tuesday, April 30th, at or around 9PM Pacific time.

Now go forth and map, ye scurvy scalawags!

ARRR this be a mighty fine chance to expatiate Cuttler's merry crews, the Bloody Freeboots!

Can't wait to see all the corsair themed mappery!

'will be without me this month, but oh, I hope we'll see some awesome pirate ships !!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Yaaaarrr!

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

OHMYGOSHYESSS YESSS YESSS!

I don't have time, but YEEESS! ARR i want more piratish stuff! please!

U.U I'm not sure I can take part of this challenge, but i'm trying to clean up my schedule for it.
    O.O

Wanna sail.
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

I was excepting a farce!
    I'm still entering, however.

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    I was excepting a farce!
    I'm still entering, however.
    Y'know, I wracked my brains trying to come up with a _good_ challenge that would fit the April Fool's theme, and I just couldn't do it. If you've got suggestions, post 'em in the Challenge Suggestions forum, and they may be used for future challenges...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Y'know, I wracked my brains trying to come up with a _good_ challenge that would fit the April Fool's theme, and I just couldn't do it. If you've got suggestions, post 'em in the Challenge Suggestions forum, and they may be used for future challenges...
    Oh, I wouldn't be able to come up with anything either! I just half-expected something like a challenge that got taken down after a day, or something else like that. But Pirates are easy to turn into something silly - I've got myself a few ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    I just half-expected something like a challenge that got taken down after a day, or something else like that.
    Oh dang, that didn't even occur to me. *Files away for next year...*

Eh..... Map a needle in a haystack?
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast