Thread: Ardemis' Used Books

Guild Member

Default Ardemis' Used Books

This is just a little map I've knocked up for a 1-shot d&d game my friend is running next week.

Out by itself on a road less traveled, there sits Ardemis' bookshop. "Books bought and sold, items wondrous and strange"
    The only thing is, Ardemis' little shop has a darker secret. Sometimes customers go in, but they never come back out...

The basic gist I was given is that Ardemis is a bit of a rogue wizard who can't be bothered putting himself at risk to acquire magical artifacts. He buys trinkets, potions, scrolls and books from travelers, but if someone comes in with something truly valuable and don't want to sell, he drops them down into his underground prison. There he can strip them of valuables, experiment on his unlucky captives and create strange alchemical devices at his leisure. And, of course, our party of adventurers are going to happen across his little shop with something unusual to sell!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BookshopAged40x40.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	3.80 MB 
ID:	114614

I really like the look of this, it definitely has the feel of some dungeon maps I've seen from different DnD 3.5e supplements, great work! Is it digital or hand drawn?

Guild Member

That's the sort of era I was going for, classic "old-skool" dnd, so thanks!

It's digital, done in Campaign Cartographer with one of the annual packs and then some treatment afterwords to make it look a bit dirty and faded. I did attempt a hand-drawn version but I can never get that cross hatching to look how I want it, I always end up too uniform, so this was a nice cheat.

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendRover View Post
    That's the sort of era I was going for, classic "old-skool" dnd, so thanks!

It's digital, done in Campaign Cartographer with one of the annual packs and then some treatment afterwords to make it look a bit dirty and faded. I did attempt a hand-drawn version but I can never get that cross hatching to look how I want it, I always end up too uniform, so this was a nice cheat.
    Nice, I like classic feel to it. Makes me feel nostalgic