Thread: Howdy and such

Post Howdy and such

My name is Geoff, and I go by DaishoChikara or DM Daisho.

I've been into tabletop roleplaying since I was 10, back in the early 80's. I've always loved maps and can stare at them for hours. I finally have the magical combination of enough free time and enough disposable income to start pursuing cartography seriously.

I've used Fractal Mapper (7 and , and am now working my way through the learning curve on Campaign Cartographer (CC3+). I can't really draw, but my fiancee is an artist so it all works out!

As for cartography interests, I'm a game master first, so many of my maps will be for the games I run. I'm interested in both overland and floorpan maps, for both fantasy and sci-fi games. Beyond that, anything that strikes my interest, which ends up being just about anything.

I'm working on several adventures that I hope will eventually be good enough to sell on DMs Guild and for the Traveller's Aid Society, so I spend a lot of my time either writing, or learning about stuff I didn't know before so that I can write believably about it. Somewhere in there, between work, writing, and learning cartography, I have a fiancee and two cats that require a little time now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by DaishoChikara View Post
    I have a fiancee and two cats that require a little time now and then.
    Ha! Welcome Daisho, I'm a DM myself with a lot of the same purposes for being here, as well. I hope you find what you're looking for, good luck!