Thread: (WIP) Campaign Map: Auldera

Default (WIP) Campaign Map: Auldera

Hey there everyone, I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. All the work you folks do is super inspiring, so I figures I would finally take a crack at posting something that I've been working on.

This is the rough draft of the world map for a D&D campaign that I'll be running this summer. I'm a lot dissatisfied with the borders and labels, but otherwise super stoked on the colours and terrain.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Auldera World Map-min (1).png 
Views:	165 
Size:	8.97 MB 
ID:	114675

I love this, the colors and composition are great. Your mountains are great as well. Just one question, I see the solid red line circling certain areas, is that supposed to be territory borders? The dotted lines seem to interact with them too, and that makes it generally confusing. That's my only qualm, otherwise this looks great to me! Have your first rep, it ain't much, but it'll get you started!

The red lines are supposed to represent national and provincial borders, and I'm not too stoked on them either.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I think it'll make a lot more sense once/if you put in cities, labels, a key, etc. Overall awesome map though. Great mountains!

Looking good so far. The labels don't read all that well when zoomed out however. I'd recommend going with a light blue, almost white color for the ocean labels and something either slightly darker for the land labels.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Excellent coastlines and a very fine work, DanCav. I totally adore maps with smoother coastlines, when showing large landmasses or even continents.