Thread: Commission Query

Guild Novice

Default Commission Query

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this. I did look through the forums but couldn't see a better place for it. I'm quite ill at the moment, and focusing is difficult, so it's entirely possible I overlooked something. Once more, I apologise. I'm wondering if there's anywhere on the site which has compiled a list of cartographers who accept commissions? I'm exploring options for a city map which I like to get produced once I have the finances in place, and my own efforts at mapmaking never turn out so well. I've tried googling and searching on DeviantArt, but I have so far been unable to find anybody suitable, so thought I'd try here, the mapmaker's mecca. Can anybody help? I have tried reaching out to Maxime Plasse - I can't find anybody who does better work than that guy - but I've noticed he's only really working on published projects right now. Alas. Thanks in advance.

Hi MapHatter,

If you go to the very bottom of the forum page there is a section called 'Mapmaking Requests'. Post your requirements in there and guild members will post and contact you if they are interested. You might want take a look at a few of the other posts to get an idea of what information people require.

I will say that cities can be very involved and time consuming maps, so don't be too disheartened if only a couple of people reply.

Guild Novice

Thank you for the response. I'll take a look around and see what pops up. I've recently finished a 'working copy' of a map for my own reference, and even that was unreasonably involved, so I am acutely aware of how much work would be involved for a professional. I am hopeful though, because I'd love a proper rendering of my city. I am keen to develop my own skillset so I can produce something myself, but I'm a long way off. Thank you again.