Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apr/May 2019 Lite Mapping Challenge: Drala's

Guild Artisan

Actually pretty stoked at this point. The Secret turned out better than I thought. The Big Fir, and the staircase in the Big Fir was my last big challenge in this map. I am still not sold on the opacity of the tree branches over the house. But as its a challenge to map a building with a secret I kind of feel I need to show the interior some and the branches are too thick to see below without the transparency.

I have the interior left to do, and shadows to bring in around the boulders, into the grass, beneath the trees. General last minute tweaking of shades, hues, and saturations of the colors to try and get it all where I want it to be. And the Title, need to find a place for that.

So what is Drala's?

Drala is an Herbalist, Sage, or Druid, whatever you want to call her. Older than the massive Fir that challenges the cliff itself. The hidden staircase inside the Fir leads up to open onto thick branches hidden from view beneath the mighty boughs of the Fir, giving her access to secret caves in the cliff. Deep inside the rock she pulls the rarest of herbs and powders for her spells and potions.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CliffWithTreeOutlines9a.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	731.5 KB 
ID:	115395

Oh very cool!

very nice!!!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Oh very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    very nice!!!
    Thank you.

Guild Artisan

I am content to call this done, although to be honest I will probably spend the next couple hours playing around with it. If something sticks I might post another update, but for now she is done.

Worked on the grass, the shadows and the interior of the house.

I added the runes on the dirt floor, barrier spells. The one inside the door is anything but a welcome mat, barring entrance until passed through. The one around the cot, keeps anyone caught in the dreamworld locked away as Drala finds away to free them. The one around the double sided fireplace allows her to work in the darkest of magics without fear of ever releasing her Hell upon the world should her magic betray her. And last the one around tree, hides the secret passage into its trunk.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CliffWithTreeOutlines9d.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	115406

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12