Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baldur's Gate - Sword Coast map [commission]

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    *clap clap clap*

Astounding! As i said in the last thread, the words to praise your work start coming up short for me. This is so evocative and it transports me into that place for sure...so i'd say you absolutely succeeded in that!

Thanks for sharing your works with us, J. I know i love to get lost in your maps every time.
    Thanks Eilathen
    Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Sooooo good! You don't normally get to see this far south in Faerûn, so this is a pleasure to see, great work, John!
    Thanks Adfor
    There are a lot of areas in Faerun that would be fun to work on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galendae View Post
    Holy....Be still my beating heart. That is epic, the client must be ecstatic! John, this is your best work yet and that is saying alot. Quick, somebody give this one an award! This is the leading candidate for map of the year, I know it is a bit early, but come on....
    Thanks Galendae
    I am really glad people are enjoying this one.
    It's a very special map to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galendae View Post
    I beg you, a tutorial on how to do forest like that.
    I am so bad at doing tutorials
    I should find time to do a wip thread sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I'm not a computer gamer but I've heard that Baldur's Gate is ranked among the top 10 computer games of all time. What a cool honor to work on such a prestigious project. And your clients were privileged to have such a talented cartographer breath new life into their world. Excellent work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you Arsheesh
    It really was a privilege to work on this project.
    I really loved BG back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Dang it!! You are making it really difficult to keep up with all this fine work, and I am gonna have to get another hard drive just for my inspirational folder if you don't slow down.

Oh, and this is excellent BTW!!
    Hehe Thanks Greason
    There's more good stuff coming
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    That is gorgeous!! Snagging for the inspiration folder for sure.
    Thank you Gidde
    Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    That's great ! If only the original game would look more like this I might play it.
    Thanks Azelor
    I'd love to see that game too.
    I'd love to work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Nice ! Gorion would be proud of your actions !
    Thanks Red
    I was almost going to be doing Candlekeep too.
    Along with Beregost, but the plan changed.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's just huge!!!!!!! A magnificent map ! To study for hours (as many hours as the game takes)! I can't imagine the work it must have taken! But the result is certainly worth all these efforts! Well done and thank you!

This is so insanely good. Nothing boring, nothing repetitive, each and every square inch being unique, with its own feeling and secret. Another playground for dreams, and I'll never be tired about this.

For some dastardly reason I can't rep you but this is a great map! I loved the Baldur's Gate games and have spent so much of my life playing them. It's great to see a new version of so many familiar locations.

If anyone has not player the Baldur's Gate games I highly recommend checking out the enhanced editions that have been released over the last few years. The game is cleaned up and you can even play it on your tablet device these days.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This map is simply beautiful! I love the way that you depict the elevation changes, especially the hills both in the forest and the plains. I will definitely loop back to rep this when I have the chance!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It's just huge!!!!!!! A magnificent map ! To study for hours (as many hours as the game takes)! I can't imagine the work it must have taken! But the result is certainly worth all these efforts! Well done and thank you!
    Thanks Joel
    It definitely took a loong time to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    This is so insanely good. Nothing boring, nothing repetitive, each and every square inch being unique, with its own feeling and secret. Another playground for dreams, and I'll never be tired about this.
    Thank you Beee
    I really do hope it stands the test of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    For some dastardly reason I can't rep you but this is a great map! I loved the Baldur's Gate games and have spent so much of my life playing them. It's great to see a new version of so many familiar locations.

If anyone has not player the Baldur's Gate games I highly recommend checking out the enhanced editions that have been released over the last few years. The game is cleaned up and you can even play it on your tablet device these days.
    Thanks QED
    Yes, it was/is an awesome game.
    Beamdog revamped it.
    Beamdog is some of the original crew that made it way back when.
    And was part of who this was originally made for, though I'm not sure how that is working out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    This map is simply beautiful! I love the way that you depict the elevation changes, especially the hills both in the forest and the plains. I will definitely loop back to rep this when I have the chance!
    Thanks Arimel
    I am on a life-long journey of rendering trees.

Wow! That style! I don't think it can be anymore beautiful! Wow again!
    EDIT - Need to spread rep

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Wow! That style! I don't think it can be anymore beautiful! Wow again!
    EDIT - Need to spread rep
    Thanks MMM

This really is a exceptional map. You have created something here that I think will inspire people for years to come. Very very impressive work!

Cheers,
    Karl

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast