Thread: I’m looking for a world map for a game I’m designing.

Post I’m looking for a world map for a game I’m designing.

[Commissioned] I have a board game design that I would like to eventually publish. The last step in the prototype process is a custom map.

The map(s) would be a world map in the late 1930s. However, I would need to have some creative ways to have a different number of regions depending on the number of players. For instance: one side of the board might be for 2-3 players and have 45-60 regions (both land and sea) while the other side of the board might have 75-90 regions. If you need a better idea of what I’m looking for, an Axis and Allies board is the closest thing to what I’m looking for.

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/large/i.../pic403519.jpg

If you are interested in such a project, send me an message or an email at hondojr27@yahoo.com
    Last edited by hondojr27; 05-03-2019 at 11:44 PM.

It isn't clear what you mean to achieve by this. Generally, adjustments for differing player counts are done with other components than the board. There is good reason for this. Alternative interpretations of the map features is relatively confusing. Small World has a different map for each possible player count, but achieves this by actually having different maps, requiring multiple double-sided boards instead of a single board. If you want no more than four configurations, then this is a possible approach. It will increase production costs, but the board will retain unambiguous interpretation. Even then, I would suggest consideration of other methods to adjust for different player counts.

What do you hope to achieve by changing how the map is divided into regions?