Thread: Argona Hangar & Varja's Cafe

Map Argona Hangar & Varja's Cafe

Hi fellow cartographers!

I'm not very active lately... but I think it's time to show you those, done for my patreon/tipeee last year. A "classic" hangar of my flying city of Argona, and the cafe you can find inside.
    Both are not at full resolution, but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to catch the details.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argona Hangar 3 small.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	9.31 MB 
ID:	115402
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vajras Cafe s.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	7.51 MB 
ID:	115403

Hope you'll like them!

Guild Apprentice

Gorgeous, It looks incredibly realistic as a piece of art drawn on a physical medium, I would believe it if you said this was printed out (or just drawn from the start) on aged paper/parchment stock and scanned/photographed.

By Deeds
    Gorgeous, It looks incredibly realistic as a piece of art drawn on a physical medium, I would believe it if you said this was printed out (or just drawn from the start) on aged paper/parchment stock and scanned/photographed.
    Merci, Deeds!
    Glad to know that it looks believable on screen. If I rely on my prints of AAS Moonweaver & Cpt Verigin's Kitchen, it's a bit different when printed, though, more "polished".

C'est beauuuuu ! Mais je voudrais juste une petite rambarde dans la salle de billard pour ne pas tomber dans ce bel escalier
    It's beautiful ! But I wouldn't be against a little security near the staircase in the pool room

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Fantastic map ! With so much little details that make it more true !

Have you used 3D softwares ? For shadows and amount of details, perspective and such ?

Your eye for this kind of perspective never fails to impress me. I'm not a 100% sold on the arrangement of the text and other elements, but the map/illustrations themselves are absolutely top-notch. The amount of details even at this resolution is mindblowing, just look at those fences!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

By ThomasR
    C'est beauuuuu ! Mais je voudrais juste une petite rambarde dans la salle de billard pour ne pas tomber dans ce bel escalier
    It's beautiful ! But I wouldn't be against a little security near the staircase in the pool room
    Merci beaucoup, Thomas !
    And yup, good point. I guess you should avoid being drunk when you're in the pool room .

By - JO -
    Fantastic map ! With so much little details that make it more true !
    Have you used 3D softwares ? For shadows and amount of details, perspective and such ?
    Merci Joël ! Yes, I'm still using sketchup for perspective and shadows. The little stuff like menu or whatever is on the kitchen tables are directly added when I'm drawning.

By Kellerica
    Your eye for this kind of perspective never fails to impress me. I'm not a 100% sold on the arrangement of the text and other elements, but the map/illustrations themselves are absolutely top-notch. The amount of details even at this resolution is mindblowing, just look at those fences!
    Thanks, Kellerica ! Well, the model in SK helps a lot. I wish I could work without this base, though, it's long to do.
    Could you precise about the text? Too sparse?

Fantastic architectural renderings and world-building!

My only comment is that the graphical layout seems sparse. I guess paper must be cheap in Argona to set everything off with lots of whitespace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Thanks, Kellerica ! Well, the model in SK helps a lot. I wish I could work without this base, though, it's long to do.
    Could you precise about the text? Too sparse?
    Too sparse, yes, there is an awful lot of dead space floating around. The text and the illustrative elements that go with it I think also lack structure somehow... It's a bit difficult to specify what I mean by this. The bottom right section is by far the worst offender, in my opinion. But like I said, the drawings and the map itself look great, this is just something that my graphic designer ass struggles not to get stuck on
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.