Thread: Request for fantasy map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Request for fantasy map

Hello guys (and ladies)

I'm new to the forum (but lurking around for a while now). I like to make my own maps, but haven't reached the level of many of the participants on this forum. That's why I would like to request some aid. It's a rather large project, but you don't have to build the map from scratch, either. My own version of it is 8150x6600 pixels. 1px = 1km. The map I want doesn't have to that large.

What's my hobby? Virtual micronationalism (geofiction). I participate in the development of a fictional empire, write stories, etc.

Request
    - I want a fantasy map of my fictional nation, Jingdao. The nation is themed after Ancient China and Imperial Japan. While the style doesn't have to be 'Chinese', I would like the city icons to look somewhat oriental (if possible).

- The outlines of the map you can see below. Map 2 (see below) was a version I started making a while ago, but I would prefer one in a more 'fantasy' setting.
    - The map is rather large. The artist will receive a certain freedom to fill it in.

- I would like a version of the map which I can edit. This can be in photoshop, but I would like to be able to bring in small changes afterwards.

Some trivia:
    - The capital city, Daocheng, is protected by a huge wall, which encompasses the Zhijinlin and Imperial district (the green region). There are fortresses located at each gate.

If someone accepts and we can agree upon a price, I will send an edited map of Map 2, to show where the fortresses and main roads and railways should be located (the artist can decide about minor ones, riverways,...).

Maps of Jingdao (which I made myself)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fourteen_Provinces.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	440.7 KB 
ID:	115413

Map^2: http://batavie.com/files/MCS%20kaart...o%20detail.png
    Last edited by Jonas; 05-16-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Hi Jonas,

I'd be interested in working with you on this project. You can check my portfolio here and if you like what you see, shoot me an email at the address below

thomrey [at] hotmail [dot] com

Cheers !

Thomas

Hello, Jonas!

I would be interested in talking up your commission. You can see my work here:
    https://www.deviantart.com/justsnek

If you are interested send me an email.

Konka.konradas (at) gmail.com

Hi Jonas, I also think this project sounds fun, and you can check out my CG portfolio and website to get a feel for my work.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?u=86376
    https://www.greatwhitenorthcartography.com/

zacharybodenner [at] gmail [dot] com

Hey Jonas,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

I would love a shot at this one. I have been dying to do another Oriental style fantasy map after I did one in a Sumi-E style but everyone keeps hiring me for either more European or what I would call "my style" which is the more painted maps, which I love doing of course. But I have several amazing old Asia maps hanging out in my inspirational folder and I've never had a good project to pull out that style on again! This is my fantasy map portfolio. I have a vision for this, something with a brush stroke art style and light watercolor (digitally done of course) that evokes the fantasy map style but also Asian rice paintings, with light and dreamy colors and the imagery of the people.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hi Jonas,
    I'll gladly try my hand at this one.
    Last edited by Wired; 05-11-2022 at 03:43 PM.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Jonas,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Hello guys (and ladies)

I'm new to the forum (but lurking around for a while now). I like to make my own maps, but haven't reached the level of many of the participants on this forum. That's why I would like to request some aid. It's a rather large project, but you don't have to build the map from scratch, either. My own version of it is 8150x6600 pixels. 1px = 1km. The map I want doesn't have to that large.

What's my hobby? Virtual micronationalism (geofiction). I participate in the development of a fictional empire, write stories, etc.

Request
    - I want a fantasy map of my fictional nation, Jingdao. The nation is themed after Ancient China and Imperial Japan. While the style doesn't have to be 'Chinese', I would like the city icons to look somewhat oriental (if possible).

- The outlines of the map you can see below. Map 2 (see below) was a version I started making a while ago, but I would prefer one in a more 'fantasy' setting.
    - The map is rather large. The artist will receive a certain freedom to fill it in.

- I would like a version of the map which I can edit. This can be in photoshop, but I would like to be able to bring in small changes afterwards.

Some trivia:
    - The capital city, Daocheng, is protected by a huge wall, which encompasses the Zhijinlin and Imperial district (the green region). There are fortresses located at each gate.

If someone accepts and we can agree upon a price, I will send an edited map of Map 2, to show where the fortresses and main roads and railways should be located (the artist can decide about minor ones, riverways,...).

Maps of Jingdao (which I made myself)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fourteen_Provinces.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	440.7 KB 
ID:	115413

Map^2: http://batavie.com/files/MCS%20kaart...o%20detail.png
    If you are interested in my style you can check this page and eventually contact me there or at tonelstef-at-msn-dot-com .