Thread: Request for fantasy map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Request for fantasy map

Hello guys (and ladies)

I'm new to the forum (but lurking around for a while now). I like to make my own maps, but haven't reached the level of many of the participants on this forum. That's why I would like to request some aid. It's a rather large project, but you don't have to build the map from scratch, either. My own version of it is 8150x6600 pixels. 1px = 1km. The map I want doesn't have to that large.

What's my hobby? Virtual micronationalism (geofiction). I participate in the development of a fictional empire, write stories, etc.

Request
    - I want a fantasy map of my fictional nation, Jingdao. The nation is themed after Ancient China and Imperial Japan. While the style doesn't have to be 'Chinese', I would like the city icons to look somewhat oriental (if possible).

- The outlines of the map you can see below. Map 2 (see below) was a version I started making a while ago, but I would prefer one in a more 'fantasy' setting.
    - The map is rather large. The artist will receive a certain freedom to fill it in.

- I would like a version of the map which I can edit. This can be in photoshop, but I would like to be able to bring in small changes afterwards.

Some trivia:
    - The capital city, Daocheng, is protected by a huge wall, which encompasses the Zhijinlin and Imperial district (the green region). There are fortresses located at each gate.

If someone accepts and we can agree upon a price, I will send an edited map of Map 2, to show where the fortresses and main roads and railways should be located (the artist can decide about minor ones, riverways,...).

Maps of Jingdao (which I made myself)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fourteen_Provinces.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	440.7 KB 
ID:	115413

Map^2: http://batavie.com/files/MCS%20kaart...o%20detail.png
    Last edited by Jonas; 05-16-2019 at 12:40 PM.