Thread: Historic Church - Any Comments?

Default Historic Church - Any Comments?

An A3 Map of a Historic Church, with Presbytery Roof and Graveyard. The Church Is Inspired By My Place Of Worship "Our Lady Help of Christians & St Denis" Roman Catholic Parish in St Marychurch, Torquay, South Devon, United Kingdom. The Plan Shows, 4 Altars, 4 Reredos Features, a Carpet leading up the Aisle and Around the Main Altar, a Staircase to the Spire, Entrances and Exits are Shown with a Black Rectangle, Stained Glass Windows are Indicated with a Cross (X), Pews, a Wooden Floor Surrounding the Pews, the Pulpit, the Font, a Lady Chapel at the Top of the Map, Tombstones in the Graveyard and Steps Leading from the Entrances and Exits. Paving Stone Footpaths Surround the Church. It is up to the DM/GM to Furnish the Map with Traps and Treasures and NPC's (Non-Player Characters). At the Rear of the Church are Tables, Religious Statues, a Large Cross and Candles. Church Pillars Run Parallel to the Central Aisle. #cartography #cartographer #cartographic #map #maps #art #artist #illustration #illustrator #technicaldrawing #design #church #churches #romancatholic #rpg #dnd #dnd5e #gurps #pathfinder #dungeonfantasyrpg #a3 #a3scanner #a3paper #a3squaredpaper #workinprogress #stevejacksongames #justinknightcartography

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Looking good. What is the scale ?

Thank you for your most kind comment on my drawing. I would say the scale is 1 small square to 50cm.

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Ah, I see. If yours maps are made for RPGs, I would suggest you to draw squares of 150cm or 5 feet side then.

Thank you so much for the advice!

Guild Member Guild Sponsor

I like the structure form. I think the image would benefit if you didn't have EVERY line dark black. It makes the image a little busy to my eyes. If only the major edge portions were black and you had lighter or thinner inner lines, that would be less busy. Thank you for sharing your map!

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett View Post
    I like the structure form. I think the image would benefit if you didn't have EVERY line dark black. It makes the image a little busy to my eyes. If only the major edge portions were black and you had lighter or thinner inner lines, that would be less busy. Thank you for sharing your map!
    I agree. Its difficult to tell at a glance what is happening with the floor and pews. I really do love this map. Its going to make a great church for someone. I love that you were inspired by a real building too!