Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baldur's Gate street level [commission]

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As I said on FB: your work on Baldur's Gate is really beautiful! When a region is mapped at different scales, it becomes so much more alive, more real! And when it's done with such talent, it's real happiness that you're offering us here

I seriously begin to think you did there what I'm dreaming of with some of my cities... Splendid work .

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    As I said on FB: your work on Baldur's Gate is really beautiful! When a region is mapped at different scales, it becomes so much more alive, more real! And when it's done with such talent, it's real happiness that you're offering us here
    Thanks Joel
    I agree, it really lets you get a feel for depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I seriously begin to think you did there what I'm dreaming of with some of my cities... Splendid work .
    Thanks Ilanthar
    Hehe, well, you like doing totally ridiculous levels of complexity too.

I love it!

You seem to magic things and make them all beautiful. I doubt anyone else could make a group of rooftops work so well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I love it!

You seem to magic things and make them all beautiful. I doubt anyone else could make a group of rooftops work so well!
    Thanks Mouse

I was lazy and just added the sublevel map along with this one, back at the first post.
    Here they are side by side, for comparison.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baldur's Gate street combo by jstevenson.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	6.78 MB 
ID:	115660

It's more effective being able to see them side by side - you get a better sense of the verticality of the place.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    It's more effective being able to see them side by side - you get a better sense of the verticality of the place.
    It would be cool to do a version where you could turn off the individual upper level buildings to reveal the ones below.

I.Love.This!
    As I said on FB, I've never seen anyone do this with a whole city block of basements!

Really interesting ! I especially love how the grid match for the two levels. Well done. Really well done

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast