Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May/June '19 Lite Challenge: On the Verge of Destruction

Default May/June '19 Lite Challenge: On the Verge of Destruction

May/June '19 Lite Challenge: On the Verge of Destruction

The Challenge will run from May 20th until end of day June 14th

This month's Challenge is to create a map of Something that is about to be destroyed. A forest that is about to burn down, a House that is about to be crushed in an avalanche, a town that is about to be swallowed by a tidal wave, a country about to be hit by a comet, Kypton just at Kal-El is taking off. The only stipulation is that the cause of the destruction should be visible in the map.

Win a silver compass, be the envy of all the cool kids!

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of June, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Silver Compass, it could be you!

As usual, title your threads: "May/June '19 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.
    Come on now, you know you want to do this!!

This sounds like a fun challenge. Lots of interesting possibilities.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

My current setting is based on impending catastrophe. I'll give it a try!

I want to take part in this challenge, I already have an idea for it... but I'm suddenly having problems with my laptop, so I don't know if I will be able to.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    I want to take part in this challenge, I already have an idea for it... but I'm suddenly having problems with my laptop, so I don't know if I will be able to.
    Yeah, computer problems are awful, BUT,,, thanks for reminding me to back-up my mapping projects!
    Hope your problems get fixed fast.

I was expecting the topic of destruction would generate more interest.

Not so much that I'm not interested, just have (and had) an overly full schedule lately.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Artisan

I think it's a great concept Bogie. With luck after the long weekend it will fill out for you.
    I am swamped trying to get a couple maps done before the end of the month. Then it might open up for me.

Really like the idea and since I am new, want to try and give it a go. Should have some wip by the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Not so much that I'm not interested, just have (and had) an overly full schedule lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    I think it's a great concept Bogie. With luck after the long weekend it will fill out for you.
    I am swamped trying to get a couple maps done before the end of the month. Then it might open up for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodofMoxie View Post
    Really like the idea and since I am new, want to try and give it a go. Should have some wip by the weekend.
    Great! Thanks guys! I was afraid I was going to be the first one to ever put up a challenge and have no one show up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast