Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commission piece - Beaumaris Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    My goodness! I didn't go as far as recreating the rib vaults. I did, however, leave space for them so I knew how tall to make each level.
    If you ever need or want to do them, i can tell you the technique that worked best for me (tried a few, with good and not so good results).

Those are both really good

I can't say that it is ever going to be likely that I would need to draw any rib vaults, but if I do I will remember your kind offer. Thank you

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really amazing! I wish the castle had looked this complete when I had visited it! Beaumaris castle, along with Harlech, are probably my two favorite castles I have visited so to see this is great!

It's an impressive work you have there, Mouse ! I can easily imagine the searches you made for it : things always look simple at a first view... until you start drawing/modeling them, and suddenly realize it's not that easy and you need to find tons of references to understand what you're doing ^^'. Or at least... for me

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really amazing! I wish the castle had looked this complete when I had visited it! Beaumaris castle, along with Harlech, are probably my two favorite castles I have visited so to see this is great!
    Thank you, Arimel. That is good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    It's an impressive work you have there, Mouse ! I can easily imagine the searches you made for it : things always look simple at a first view... until you start drawing/modeling them, and suddenly realize it's not that easy and you need to find tons of references to understand what you're doing ^^'. Or at least... for me
    Thank you Misty

I think I spent the first fortnight just searching and reading - finding out all kinds of stuff quite apart from the structure. It's the most interesting project I've done so far!

Looks great! I love how it seems it rises from the page. Well done Mouse, must have been a lot of work and paid off!

Some how I missed this one, fantastic map! Great to see something new from you Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Looks great! I love how it seems it rises from the page. Well done Mouse, must have been a lot of work and paid off!
    Thank you MMM! It was a labour of love - in that I loved doing it

If there were 48 hours in a day I'd do another one without hesitation, but there are other projects to be completed right now

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Some how I missed this one, fantastic map! Great to see something new from you Mouse
    Thank you very much QED

Sue, this is an impressive fortress ! You were already an amazing cartographer but you really upped your game. Congrats on the commission

Great castle Mouse. Now put it somwere in your next awesome city map to shine even more !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast