Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Commission piece - Beaumaris Castle

Thank you

Its not easy drawing fuzzy bits in Sketchup... ummm. Maybe I should rephrase that a bit!

The lines dividing two different textures are always hard lines, not soft. The plans I drew in CC3 are better in that respect - more blending

I love how this feels like a popup book
    Very nice job.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thank you, Jaxilion!

It wasn't intentional. I used the plan to get the scale right in the initial stages, and then I just left it there when I'd finished.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Nice. I've been to Beaumaris in Wales, it's a shame the castle was never completed! Far too ambitious a design for such an isolated Norman outpost. Good to see what the finished castle might've looked like.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    Nice. I've been to Beaumaris in Wales, it's a shame the castle was never completed! Far too ambitious a design for such an isolated Norman outpost. Good to see what the finished castle might've looked like.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk
    Thank you, Robulous

I wouldn't say this is in any way a definitive representation, since there are conflicting opinions about the most basic things - like how many floors the main buildings were intended to have.

I spent a good deal of time wishing they had finished it myself!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234