Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commission piece - Beaumaris Castle

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Sue, this is an impressive fortress ! You were already an amazing cartographer but you really upped your game. Congrats on the commission
    Thank you Thomas!

I'm a little out of practice right now on the map front, but it was a pleasure working with Profantasy. They have a really great team

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Great castle Mouse. Now put it somwere in your next awesome city map to shine even more !
    Thank you Voolf

Maybe a smaller version? Hmmm. [thinks of all the cameo possibilities]

Maybe I will do some of that next city on a Patreon page...

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

What a beautiful piece!!!!! The castle is magnificent, the 3D realization is superb and the idea of the presentation is absolutely gorgeous ! Well done!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    What a beautiful piece!!!!! The castle is magnificent, the 3D realization is superb and the idea of the presentation is absolutely gorgeous ! Well done!!!!!
    Aw, thank you Jo!

You are too kind!

Great work, Mouse! A very fine fortress and the view on top of the flat paper is a great way to display it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great work, Mouse! A very fine fortress and the view on top of the flat paper is a great way to display it.
    Aw, thank you Ilanthar

Wow, very cool Mouse! The detail in the stonework is excellent. I've not worked with Sketchup before but I imagine this took quite a while to do. The results are wonderful though.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Wow, very cool Mouse! The detail in the stonework is excellent. I've not worked with Sketchup before but I imagine this took quite a while to do. The results are wonderful though.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Wow! Thank you very much, Arsheesh!

The stonework is a texture I made myself in Genetica and applied face by face to the model. And yes - it did take a long time. Most of the work was in doing the research and working out the dimensions based on the facts I could extract from the suppositions and the actual floorplan.

Great work Mouse
    I like how you decided to have it pop out of the map.
    I used to really enjoy crafting 3d stuff.
    Both sketchup and genetica are great programs.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Great work Mouse
    I like how you decided to have it pop out of the map.
    I used to really enjoy crafting 3d stuff.
    Both sketchup and genetica are great programs.
    Aaw, thank you, John

I remember you showed me some of your work last time we discussed Sketchup, so I know you are one of the experts. I probably still have a way to go before I'm as good at it as you are

Nice castle. Looks like it'd have lots of loot. Er, I mean cultural artifacts to appreciate.

The stone walls are the highlight, for sure. As for where it could be improved, I'd have to point to the grounds. It looks like those are meant to be dirt walkways surrounded by grass and the border is far too crisp for that. Even if the paths are graveled, you'd see more organic irregularities. That's getting very finicky, though. This is beautiful.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast