Thread: [CC3/DD3] Old School Dungeon Maps: The Castle of the Mad Archmage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I updated the southeast section of level 2 map to reflect the changes made in the latest installment of TCotMA (which now includes level 3). Joe Bloch has sent me scans of his hand drawn maps for levels 2 and 3, and last night I set up some templates in CC3 FCW files with the images inserted to trace over. I calculated the factor I had to scale the image at to match the 10' per square by eyeballing with the DIST command the distance in CC3 between two grid adjacent grid lines on the hand drawn image and resizing the image using SCALE. I was having a real hard time getting the grids to line up using the SCALE command, so I ended up using SCALEXY to independently scale the x and y axis independent of one another, which was much more precise. Once I had a good fit, I used MOVE to get the part of the scanned image I wanted at the axis origin coordinates in the lower left of the map (0,0) by eyeballing and clicking on the spot on the image to get my "move from" point and then snapping to the (0,0) origin. Fun with math and advanced CC3!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Level02SEa.PNG 
Views:	276 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	10754  
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales