Thread: Evolutive RPG Map

Wip Evolutive RPG Map

Hy evryone!

As I said in my presentation, I'll show you my actual work:

That's a project of evolutive map for an RPG campagn.
    The idea is to have a map that the players will discover step by step when they travel in the world.
    To make that, I draw my map on A4 pages with H2 pencil and black ink and I will add new pages to enlarge the known map.

Now, I show you the firs par of the map after the black ink step.
    I'll try to ma a colorised version to show how it look.
    If you have siggestions or comments, I'll read it with pleasure.
    Enjoy!
    DSCN1519 by Roch Antoine, sur Flickr

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antoineroch View Post
    Hy evryone!

As I said in my presentation, I'll show you my actual work:

That's a project of evolutive map for an RPG campagn.
    The idea is to have a map that the players will discover step by step when they travel in the world.
    To make that, I draw my map on A4 pages with H2 pencil and black ink and I will add new pages to enlarge the known map.

Now, I show you the firs par of the map after the black ink step.
    I'll try to ma a colorised version to show how it look.
    If you have siggestions or comments, I'll read it with pleasure.
    Enjoy!
    Good job! Congratulations!
    I guess this is by far not your first map !
    I think it's very successful. The idea of making an evolutionary map and revealing only one sector at a time for your players is also very good!
    To go into more detail : your mountains are very successful and so is the symbol for the city. The coasts are also well drawn, the shading on some parts gives relief.
    If I had to make a small criticism, it would be at the level of forests: they might deserve to be a little more "bushy". That is, the edges could give a little more impression of height at the foliage level, above the trunks, and the filling could be a little more wavy, to give more volume (the small lines could be a little less flat).
    I don't know if I'm clear. If not, don't hesitate to say so... And above all: that's just my opinion. This detail does not prevent a good reading of the map at all.
    Another point : you could also add is a scale (whether in Km, days of walking or whatever you want... just to see the distances).
    Anyway, I think the mapis very nice, I'm looking forward to seeing the others... and if you can color it, I'm sure it would look great too!

PS : I saw your work on Flickr! What a talent!!!!!!!! Great work with figurines and dioramas!!!!!!!
    Last edited by - JO -; 05-29-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Thank's for your answer!

I agree with your opinion about forests, that was the most difficult part for me. I made many tests and that's the least bad result so it will be better for futur, but the colorisation will probably improve it.

PS: thank's for my miniature's work, I'm on a new project since a fiew days and first pictures will come soon.