Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Aswari Atrium (FINISHED)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Default The Aswari Atrium (FINISHED)

Hi guys!

So I recently created another cutaway cube (I like to call them "cube slices", even though that's probably a contradictio in terminis ), following a pleasant town scene at dusk (Vystrigg Harbour) and a square section of a regional map (the Straits of Qalimbâr). This time I mapped part of an underground structure called the Aswari Atrium, the place where several underground tunnels (some dry, some only navigable by boat) come together. There's a smattering of fun and weird labels to lighten things up, along with some mysterious structures that are left to the viewer's/player's imagination. Such as a vertical, partly submerged shaft called the Fathomless Deep and a few corridors leading off to the sides where other structures might lay. Or maybe just ruins. Or dead ends. Or cracks leading to the Underdepths or whatever. Just go wild with it!

WIP can be found here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aswari Atrium.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	115837

Let me know what you think!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Looks really really good, Caenwyr. Your cube slices are very original and entertaining.

One small tip I've learned from urban design, maybe you could show in your plan views which area is depicted in the isometric. It took me a while to realise the plan view shows more of the 'back left' of the area than the isometric does.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

You're definitely good with this style, and it's always a pleasure to see more of it. Maybe the various surfaces are not detailed/textured enough for my taste, but you're amazing with the volumes !

I love it. Very neat and pleasing to the eye.

Great piece of art and a very cool map!

Intereseting and great looking illustration. It's always nice to see an isometric cross-section of interiors and the cube form makes it really awesome. Great job Caenwyr.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Really good! I must admit that, like Wingshaw, I'm having a little trouble figuring out the side maps.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Hey all, thanks!

I must admit that a thin box showing the footprint of the iso cub would have helped. Wil take that along for my future endeavours!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Excellent! ! It's beautiful! A real architect's job, with such a complex underground! Congratulations! And the plans are a nice touch that adds a lot to the whole!

Great looking piece Caenwyr! I do agree with MistyBee that the surfaces could benefit from a bit more detail and texture, but otherwise the cutaway looks great.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast