Thread: Darnal Valley

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Default Darnal Valley

Here is the first segment of my homebrew world of Oros. This is a Darnal Valley, a lush 'valley' in the largest continent of the southern hemisphere. It is a transitionary zone, moving from the hot populated plains up into the mountains. While on the edges of their known civilization, the Darnal valley is relatively tame. There are 3 major groups of people, the goblins (to the northeast), the tribal gnomes (to the southwest), and the townsfolk (primarily human and elves). These groups live in psuedoharmony, staying clear of each other. However, there is always a trouble maker or hundred to stir up some problems...

Let me know what you think! I tried to depict the rising altitudes & hills by using the mountainish symbol, as well as, by using denser clusters of forest. Lots to improve for the next one!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Darnal Valley.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	7.25 MB 
ID:	116174

Drawn on A4 bristol board.
    Using copic multiliners and pigma microns.
    Grayscale faber castell markers were used to shade in the mountains/hills

Very cool pin art! Gotta love that classic D&D look.

Only suggestion I could even make is to grab a Geometry Template for making straight lines and circles quickly without having to freehand it.

But honestly, you don't even really need it, this is really cool. With the placement of the huge rivers, it looks like a super highway for boats and travel! (even if that's unintended)
    Better than a box!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IICubeII View Post
    Very cool pin art! Gotta love that classic D&D look.

Only suggestion I could even make is to grab a Geometry Template for making straight lines and circles quickly without having to freehand it.

But honestly, you don't even really need it, this is really cool. With the placement of the huge rivers, it looks like a super highway for boats and travel! (even if that's unintended)
    Thanks! I did use a ruler to pencil in the straighter lines before going over them freehand in pen. I always find that when I use a straightedge with pen I end of getting ink on the ruler. Then when I pick it up it smears. Not sure if there is a solution for this besides skill or waiting for the ink to dry.
    The rivers were not especially meant to be major rivers. I have slightly exaggerated their size here, with them being more loud noisy streams (except for south of the red lake). However it would make a useful path for smaller craft.
    Last edited by Arimel; 01-14-2020 at 02:40 PM. Reason: I miss-spelled 'loud'