Thread: Salutations from Belgium

Guild Novice Guild Supporter Nabukazal's Avatar

Default Salutations from Belgium

Hello there,

I am a fairly new D&D DM, and a brand new "mapmaker". For my homebrew campaign I'm working on several maps and looking for resources to enhance/improve my abilities to do so and figured this would be the perfect place to start.

There's some truly amazing work floating around here and it is very inspiring to get my own hands on it, and craft nice looking props for my players to gawk at.

Guild Novice

Hi Nabukazal, I'm in exactly the same boat and just made an account for those reasons.
    Good luck finding what you need to improve your D&D life.
    Can I ask what type of campaign setting you're using/making maps for? Just out of curiosity.

Guild Novice Guild Supporter Nabukazal's Avatar

GinoFelino, hello!

The setting revolves around a world reeling from an apocalyptic event, an invasion of Devils, brought forth by a cult and eventually stopped via a divine ritual of great power. Which in the end caused an almost extinction level event that sent the world's population back a few centuries. Now a hundred years after the events societies are slowly rising from the ashes again and are doing their best to recover old glory and once again reach the heights of the old world-spanning empire. The world is now littered with old relics and ruins from an age past and the maps I'm making will hopefully reflect that in some way, along with the storytelling ofcourse. The world and setting are of my own making and I'm slowly adding on to the "lore" as I go.

I do hope you, too, find whatyou're looking for! The forum has a wealth of inspiration and marvelous pieces of cartography art!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabukazal View Post
    The forum has a wealth of inspiration and marvelous pieces of cartography art!
    That it does, indeed! I'm sure you'll both find the Guild not just a wonderful resource, but also a very warm and friendly commnunity of like-minded folks.

Warm welcomes to you both, glad to have you along!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Novice

Thank you, Kellerica!

And thanks for replying too, Nabukazal. It's great that you have a focus on your world's history and all the things left behind from it, I'm sure that'll make for some great adventures (and maps!)
    I see you've made a couple posts now too; I do like the enigmatic name of The Shrouded Mass. I'm unable to give cartography advice really so please forgive my lack of comment on the actual picture. I hope you get the help you're looking for!