Thread: New Islands made in acrylics

Guild Novice

Default New Islands made in acrylics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapimproven.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	8.92 MB 
ID:	115704

This region doesn't have a name as I made it mainly to experiment with acrylics. I wish I'd used a lighter blue for the water right next to the coast but I'm not unhappy with how it turned out. I think I need a thinner brush for rivers and lakes, they look awkwardly pasted on. I'm super pleased with the mountains; this region is above the equator so I wanted the light to appear from the south. My one thing about the mountains that I want to work on is snow caps. Having light and dark areas makes it hard to show where the snow is because it looks the same as the light. Anyways, I'd love to hear anyones' opinions on the style.

Wow this is something you don't see a lot around the forums, and you hit the nail on the head. I agree that the mountains are the best factor here.

I have to disagree about the rivers, while they are thick, they are certainly not out of place, and the texture feel does wonders to communicate the roughness that is inate to water.

Also, the coastal shallows are very convincing, I urge you to keep elaborating on this style, it's awesome!!

I really want to rep you for this, but it seems that viewing this on Chrome mobile, I am not able to. Once I find a proper outlet, you shall receive.

Cheers!

IR

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

I really love the textures and the overall style is beautiful. I've got a few really tiny brushes that I love. It's nice to have that small detail control. How big is this painting?

Guild Novice Guild Supporter Nabukazal's Avatar

Oh my, as a sucker for most things paint, I find this stunning! Great work!