Thread: The Tarantula Faction Underdark (UK LARP System)

Map The Tarantula Faction Underdark (UK LARP System)

Hello all

Attached is a picture of an A2 (when printed) map of the Underdark - the subterranean lands of the Tarantula Faction (Drow themed in general), for a UK LARP System.

The map itself was produced in 2011 and has since been updated (including error correction and spellings) and was drawn in Adobe Illustrator. The final files were made into PDFs for the commercial printer to run (Printed in black only).

The design shows the black areas being almost solid rock with the White tendrils being tunnels/passages/highways for comparatively save navigation leading to Cities, Temples and other places of interest or Trade. It includes the underground waterways, lakes and rivers (in Grey). The project was to allow the players to have a better understanding of their rough place in comparison to the rest of the world (both in their own nation and to the surface above.

The small grid overlay in the top right hand corner shows the surface land mass and references other Nations/Factions/Landmasses in-game.

Questions and comments always welcome

Ratapult

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LT Underdark Map.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	4.80 MB 
ID:	116169

I always love me some dark maps! Neat and clear, and holds a lot of information. I love the way color is used, or more accurately is not used here; the white lines on the dark background create a wonderful look. Effective, stylistic and informative, what a great piece!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Terribly interestinc concept & style ! It's always great to see something different : thanks for it, Ratapult ! ^^

I love it. What a very cool map. Underground maps come with all sorts of their own difficulties to manage and I think it's admirably done here.