Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valley Of Rath Region Map Final version !!!

Post Valley Of Rath Region Map Final version !!!

Hello everyone,
    As always I am looking for feedback and your criticism to improve my future maps. This is the final version more or less which I am making available for everyone who wishes to have it for your dnd or other games. Therefore, if you would like a copy just email me at althemarchitect@gmail.com and I will send you a download link of a better quality file.

This is a Region/Valley map of the birthplace of the main protagonist who is a hunter/wanderer traveling the lands of Mimar and looking for the mysteries of this rich world. This is the Valley of Rath, which is the name of the main River going through it. It is a rich land full of lives (humans, Elves and Dwarves) share this valley. The city of Veringrad is also the stronghold against the forces of darkness which is an ancient race called the Nemirs which are the ancestors of the dark and wood elves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valley-of-Rath-Final-Big-tiny.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	9.35 MB 
ID:	116022

Hi, Al!

It's a really nice map! I like the sepia tone specially, and your choice of type. Regarding the labels, though, I'd clean around some of them, because they can't be read properly -- the big ones amidst the forests, for example. Also, is this map going do be printed? Because the size of the fonts in some places would be readable only if you print a big poster, like the city labels and the "Lake of Nur". The ideal font size, for me, is the one that you can read everything without zooming the image (of course, this changes if you are going to print a huge poster, something that HAS to be seen up close).

In short: great map, but I'd increase type size and clean around forest labels.

Thank you for the input it is definitely made for printing but I will take your suggestion and increase the sizes on some of the labels for a digital version! Glad you like the map.

That's a hell of a nice map. Good job.

For future maps I'd try to get the line weight and quality to be more cohesive amongst the stamps and the other elements. There also some copied mountains where the shadow is on the wrong side which you got to watch out for.

Thank you for that I will definitely fix the mountains and I will try to go over some lines to make them more uniform in the future for sure.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Incredible work, this is very detailed work I greatly enjoy! Kudos on all of it, you can be proud of this one!
    Only one little nitpick, the buildings have a different line weight, which feels a tad off. Nevertheless: Repped of cause, well deserved! =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Thank you, and you're right about the lines I will definitely take that remark into account for my future maps!

Praise

There is so much personality in this map - it really helps tell a story! I really like your city in the middle especially.

Loving the mountains, a lot of the time map that uses photoshop brushes look really bad to me but this is beautiful.

I'll have to echo some comments on line consistency but, oh boy, your maps delivers a strong atmosphere !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast